Streetcar

edited February 2009 in Local discussion
I know there was a thread last year on this, but last time I dredged up an old one everyone got confused at seeing an apparently new thread with dozens of postings. So this time, starting afresh. I'm about to take the leap and ditch my own car and sign up to Streetcar. I think there may be a "refer a friend" deal that offers freebies for the person referring, so if there's any Streetcar user here who wants to do that let me know. I also notice on a neighbouring discussion board some quite amusing conspiracy hysteria about the idea that Haringey are about to bring Streetcar in to the neighbourhood. Whatever about snobbery (inverted or straight), SG.org simply can't compete with that lot when it comes to cynicism and paranoia. Good thing too.

Comments

• edited 8:36PM
    Have used them a few times, always been good. Reasonably priced despite the rise in fuel costs, and the Golf are decent spec. The vans are very handy too.

What's the hysteria about on the other board? Can't imagine.

I miss my own car on maybe the times I want to go out for a night out (not drinking) with friends, but taking a streetcar just to leave it outside a bar for 5 hours is a waste - that's the only downside of ditching my car I have found.
    can you tell me how much it would work out for a weekend with street car? i.e friday evening to sunday evening? There's two parked outside my office so could be quite a convienient alternative for the old banger i've got.

Thanks
    Dear all Thanks for comments, and to Katiejane for the referral. All signed up now. Shaun
    Seems like I've been (ahem) 'hand-picked' to be a street car ambassador. I can invite up to five people for a free 14 day trial. Any takers? I'm assuming it's free as in you don't have to become a member for that period, rather than get to use the car for free. Anyone interested, send us a whisper...
    I assume also that this is for brand-new-customers-only, ie if you're already a member you can't simply get free car time ...
    @ staplejack - i assume so. the offer's actually for a 30 day trial. can't imagine that will be free car time.