Save Crouch Hill Station House

Stroud Greeners will know the station house on Crouch HIll, just before you get to the station. This is a historic building and, I think, one of only two if its kind left in London.

Last year campaigning by local residents, and local councillors, meant that a plan to demolish the station house and build on the site were defeated.

I am sorry to report that the owner of the Station House has submitted a new planning application to demolish the building and construct a large new building in its place. This will be discussed by the North Area Planning Committee on 16 March.

Your help will be vital to help save this historic local landmark again.

The most important thing you can do at this stage is to object to the planning application. You can do this by emailing the case officer at Ashley.niman@islington.gov.uk and the chair of the planning committee at Wally.Burgess@islington.gov.uk (please copy me in at Richard.watts@islington.gov.uk). The planning application which can be viewed on the Council’s website (www.islington.gov.uk) by selecting ‘Online Planning Service’ found under ‘Do it’.

It is vital that as many local residents as possible object to this planning application. Each objection makes a big difference.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Comments