Injoke

edited July 2009 in Local discussion
Has Injoke been sacked?

Comments

• edited 10:35AM
    not recently
  • RegReg
    edited 10:35AM
    whats all this 'deleted' business? Second thoughts on your comments or have the thought police been at work?
    i expressed an opinion about a particular estate agent by name. it was felt that this could lead to agro for our hosts, so i deleted it along with all the other comments i could think of that slated a local resident by name - mcavoy, miserable fish man etc.
    where's the fun in that? are we not allowed to pass comment on specifics anymore?
    i don't know, i received a very polite message about one particular comment - i'm not sure it was intended to set a precedent but i took it as that to be on the safe side.
  • edited July 2009
    No precedent set. Though we may all be fans of Knight Rider, unlike Michael Knight we are not above the law. Directly defamatory personal messages about private individuals* will get us into trouble. Even if they're estate agents. As far as I know, the other rubbish that we fill this site up with about public figures, organisations, curry, pizza and grammar is all fine. *Except David, and perhaps Tosscat. Go for those two.
  • edited July 2009
    All your base are belong to us.
    Dion love, it's a cultural reference.
    I was thinking of ringing up m'learned friends.
    @tosscat - thanks for the watchout. I only do grammar, not culture.
  • edited July 2009
    i said "i wouldn't piss on [estate agent's name] if they were on fire". that's true! not defamatory, but frankly if you've ever met who i was talking about you'd be right to be nervous. you guys are basically providing a service to us for free so i understand you don't need threats of legal action. i will continue to slate mcavoy now i know that's ok.
    oh and tosscat, i'm don't quite feel comfortable slating david yet.