The W3- the most danergous bus in London?

edited August 2009 in Local discussion
This Radio 4 documentary claims the w3 is the most dangerous bus in London- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00grrzw

I have always found it quite a useful and pleasant bus ride, even at night

Comments

• edited 6:20AM
    The W3 is fine! There was a news article last year saying that the 3rd most dangerous route was the N29 which passes through FP and up Seven Sisters but the 2 routes in the first and second spots were from east and south.
    I can believe that about the 29 or, as I'm told the criminal community call it, 'the free bus'. Very seldom get the Ws since I can walk most of the route, so can't comment on that.
    when i used to live in stokey/stamford hill, i was constantly amazed by the n253... perfectly peaceful until manor house, then all along the woodberry down estates it was like being in the thunderdome, just without all the chainmail. i've seen people run from the back seat of the bus in front to the middle of the bus i was on to dish out a whuppin'. this was 8 or so years ago when knives were (i think) a little less prevalent so it was all good old fashioned unarmed combat. seen a bit of action on the n29 too, but nowhere near as frequent or extreme as on the n253.
    i heard this too & got quite excited and strangely proud. however i think his source for the title of "edgiest bus in london" was in fact 12-15 year old kids who use the w3. and i think it can only really get edgy for about five minutes after school kicking out time, and even then right at the other end of the route to us lot. the n29 is truly the devil's bus. the other night someone lit up a fag purely to provoke everyone then spent the rest of the ride flashing his knife around. most people were too busy falling over, pickpocketing & vomiting to care. i once overheard a tfl man say with fondness "ahh the 29. the best bus in london for criminals, murderers & gay hustlers."
    wait, murderers aren't criminals?
    Not all crims are killers. Is there really problem with gay hustlers on the No.29?
  • Not sure about gay hustlers, but I did see three girls and a pimp trying to drum up some business between Tottenham Court Road and Finsbury Park. They were very... um... efficient.
    yes, but surely all murderers are criminals
    It's a long time since we had a Venn Diagram.

I want one with a minimum of the following sets; Criminals, Murderers, Gay Hustlers and Tosscats.
    They certainly are. But it helps to emphasise its not just petty crime no? Efficient in getting a client or efficient in getting paid?
    david duchovny seems to crop up in venn diagrams on this site too, he shouldn't miss out either (gawd his chops are getting chubby these days)
  • The girl would sit next to a guy, place her hand on his leg and work her way up, while chatting him up. Eventually, she'd call the pimp over. Sadly, I got off the bus before I saw any money change hands.
    How much would it cost these days to get your thigh felt on the bus? And can you pay by Oyster?
    remember to swipe in ...
    fnar fnar
    29. Shittest bus in London. It's official. W3 very polite in comparison.
    Just as well they've got all those cameras on the buses to stop this sort of thing eh!

HAHAHAHAHA *bonk*
  • AliAli
    edited 6:20AM
    I thought it was one of Boris's election pledges to take crime off Buses the 29 being one of them?
    Is the 29 now a bendy bus?
    david - best gay joke ever?