Gillespie Park

edited August 2009 in Local discussion
I noticed an gateway just next to the mosque on Seven Sisters Road, which led to Gillespie Park - what a lovely little place. I always wondered what that windmill was for, and now I know.

Comments

• I think that may be the same place I saw but the entrance was across the road from the mosque. Just by the bridge near the buses (29, 279 etc to Camden, Kings X) there is a tiny gate with a sign about a nature reserve. I will have to investigate.
  • edited 3:55PM
    When I'm coming back the other way, I'm always faintly worried that the gate at the mosque end might be shut. Otherwise, a lovely walk.
    They've just redone the (main?) entrance just beside the Emirates stadium (there are other entrances around Arsenal tube). Looks nice, but I haven't managed to check whether the improvement works extend inside as well.
    I've not noticed many changes in the main body of the park, which is good because they'd probably just have 'tidied the place up' which is always spectacular point-missing when it comes to a nature reserve.