Calling all fans of X-it.

edited September 2009 in Local discussion
There's another shop selling tat opening over the road. It has 'essentials' in its name. It has a mirrored mosaic oversized wineglass in the window - an essential in anyone's book.

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 12:47AM
    Perhaps that end of SGR will become a tat store cluster to rival the wig shop quarter of Islington/Haringey/Harringay/Haringay/ˈhærɪŋɡeɪ at its other end?
  • edited 12:47AM
    I think I'm warming to X-it after they did me a mighty fine bunch of helium balloons for the girl's birthday party.

They were deflated by the next day mind.
    @katiejane - did you buy the balloons there or did they inflate ones you bought somewhere else? thx
  • if ever you need those chinese lanterns in SGR, x-it is the place to find them. Fact.

I doubt the other "essentials" shop will have any. Therefore it is second class imho.

But I do hope they don't both go into a crazy firework price war, now we're close to crazy firework season.
    Having now seen the stock on display I think it's Home which is likely to suffer most from the new competition. If I were Mr Home I'd be worried.
    I should add that that I made the above comment from having looked in through the window. Now, having been in for a gander I can say that the stock gets progressively worse the further back into the store. The stuff in the back room is shit.

Mr Home has nothing to worry about.
    I did wonder about you comments.
  • edited October 2009
    It's a £1 store by any other name. Makes X-it look positively up-market.

@ lizbet - the balloons came from there - they've got plain run of the mill balloons as well as the expensive foil ones. I'm sure they'd be happy to inflate your own if you asked.