If there's one thing worse than a glum councillor...

edited November 2009 in Local discussion
Seeing <a href="http://islington-libdems.org.uk/news/001549/islington_once_again_brings_festive_cheer_to_neglected_corner_of_haringey.html">this picture of a happy councillor</a> makes me pine for the glum ones :-)

Though fair enough, it is a good news story about Stroud Green Road getting Christmas lights again.

Comments

• edited 2:57PM
    aww don't be so mean!
    Is he on his way to or from the White Lion of Mortimer?
    Is it just me that finds those christmas lights dismal, tawdry and sad.

The clock tower in Crouch End has a lovely kind of lit up dress of fairy lights draped nicely round it and we have to make do with a few ropes of lights wrapped around some lamp posts. I just think if it's worth doing it may as well be done creatively.
    The lights aren't impressive, but what's worse is that they were up before today, just like those Merry Christmas signs lots of local shops have in the windows, the WLM tree and so on. I bloody hate festival creep. Though the worst instance ever has to be the Comedy off Piccadilly Circus - went there last year in mid-October and they had their Hallowe'en and Christmas decorations already up, together, hence a skeleton looming over the tree. I could only be grateful we don't have Thanksgiving here too.
    Actually, I'm coming round to the idea of Thanksgiving. It's quite sweet.
    I'd be up for it if they came clean and rebranded it as Genocidefest.
    What's sweet about it? Busby probably saw harder times than those Plymouth Pilgrims and he doesn't get a turkey in November for it.
    These days he probably gets a cuckoo.