Stroud Green Ward: Candidate Interviews, Liberal Democrats

edited April 2010 in Local discussion
<object width="425" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="265"></embed></object>

Last week, we went to the Front Room Cafe to meet the Liberal Democrat team of Ed Butcher, Katherine Reece and Richard Wilson.

Richard and Ed are the current sitting councillors for the ward, whilst Katherine is hoping to replace Laura Edge, who is standing down.

We asked them to introduce themselves, talk about why they are standing and what they like about our corner of the world.

Here's the running order:
- Introductions (0.00)
- Reasons for standing (3.00)
- Priorities for Haringey (4.17)
- Favourite things about Stroud Green (6.31)
- Final Thoughts (8.06)
- How to get in touch (9.18)

Visit Richard's website (<a href="http://www.richardwilson.me.uk/">http://www.richardwilson.me.uk/</a>;) if you'd like to get in touch with them.

Comments

• edited 4:05PM
    Thanks Andy that's brilliant. Who's next? A
  • AliAli
    edited 4:05PM
    To mak it fair will of other parties be getting the same facility ?
    @ali - we have been in touch with all the candidates. The Greens are in the diary for the weekend, whilst we've heard nothing yet from the Conservatives. We had a nice message from Karen Jennings (the Labour candidate) but nothing from the ward people.

We are also talking to some of the Tollington candidates. If this gets a good response, we'll do that ward too.
  • Good job guys. Like the informal Cafe feel,
    Thanks Hugh - and you neglected to plug your own site, which has done councillor interviews for some of the other Haringey wards: <http://www.harringayonline.com>;
    A small whinge here, but is the Front Room Cafe - nice though it is - not in Islington?

Come on guys, use your electioneering to support the businesses in your own darned Ward and Boro'!

Oh yeah, and all the nice restaurants you bang on about in the Storud Green Road, they are all Islington tax payers too!

So what is good about Stroud Green? Well, based on this little politclal video-puff, its proximity to the next Boro', it seems ...

Oo do those feet taste good in your mouths?
    To be fair, I asked the question about the area rather than the ward specifically. I also suggested the venue, as I was talking to the owner, Rob about doing the interviews there.

Whilst I'm sure there are many things one can pick the candidates up on, this sort of hyper-parochialism isn't really one of them.
    Maybe there's space for a Stroud Green Independence Party, pledging to install immigration controls around the ward borders.
    Shame the potholes along Stroud Green Road have mostly gone ADGS. Could have been the start of a nice big moat...
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Why? She's lovely in person.