When do we get our Council Tax bills? (Haringey)

edited April 2010 in Local discussion
Has anyone in Haringey received their Council Tax bill for 2010 yet? I haven't.

Just got a letter from Haringey Council about being in arrears for 2010, yet haven't received an initial bill/breakdown of costs (and hence hadn't set up a DD).

Thanks
[edit: asking here as there's currently a 12minute wait on the phone to the council]

Comments

• edited 4:27PM
    got mine a couple of weeks ago, hope that helps!
    Cool, thanks.
    We've received ours but had so many problems with it and Haringey council have been nothing but problematic. They don't bother responding to queries or complaints for months. They need to pull their socks up.
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:27PM
    I've had mine too, but also discovered a couple of months ago that my account was closed in error (Harringey's, not mine) in July last year so I am 8 months in arrears too through no fault of my own. Process for resolving that seems worse than useless - I'm trying to pay them money I owe and they still don't seem to want to sort it out.
    Yeah I wasn't impressed with them when I called - the '7 days before legal action' clock is ticking through no fault of my own even though I've requested they send me an initial bill.

Have just paid the arrears to have done with it.

Suppose it must be tough to look at their records (I've always paid promptly) and use common sense to allow me to see a bill before issuing demands - no, 'that is outwith our jurisdiction' whatever that means.
    You can set up a direct debit if that helps
    That was what Islington told me when we suffered the same farrago three years running (they always backed down). Yeah, because having you clowns take an unknown amount out of my account without notifying me in advance is really going to help my financial planning, isn't it? Mercifully, it's all now done via the landlord and included in the rent.
    Cool. just for future ref, I think they send us a statement before they start taking the direct debits for the year, showing how much they want to take each month and on what day. So you can plan for it. But I totally understand it's not the best option for everyone. It does seem harshnto me that do many things are easier to pay by direct debit when lots ofbpeople aren't comfortable with them
    If they can't get it together to send bills, what reason is there to believe they'd be any more competent when it came to sending direct debit statements successfully?
    yes, a few weeks ago ...
    Another year, another "you're in arrears despite a previous [non existant] reminder" threat from Haringey council. They must just like attempting to intimidate their residents as a matter of course I guess. The fucks.
    Islington are much the same.
    Ah yes, we got that three years in a row from Islington. They always backed down, of course. But one time they suggested that to avoid the problem recurring, maybe I'd like to set up a direct debit? Yeah, because I'm fine with people who have shown themselves to be incompetent at notifying me of stuff taking an unspecified amount of money off me at an unpredictable date.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.