Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

BIg issue seller at Finsbury Park Station

edited May 2010 in Local discussion
I noticed yesterday that the big issue seller who operates at the Wells terrace entrance of Finsbury Park Station has returned.

I have had some issues with him in the past. For some reasons he was shout insults at me as I walked past,.. 'weirdo'... 'freak' etc. Not a winning strategy for selling copies of the magazine.

After noticing this a few times I took action the next time it happened, reporting it to the station supervisor, who promptly ejected him. After this he hasn't been seen for a while.

Even more enlightening was my conversation with the Big Issue who told me that there is a secondary market in copies of their magazine, with unauthorised sellers using it as a front for begging, and drug dealing.
Their sellers are also not allowed to work in stations.

Their advice is to always check that a seller has BIg Issue ID on them. They take the behaviour of their sellers very seriously.

So, you have been warned - buy only from sellers with prominent ID badges!

Comments

• edited 5:34PM
    A lot of secondary selling goes on outside Euston - the private homeless drinking club there uses it to fund their operations.
  • edited 5:34PM
    And the day after posting this, I spot a legitimate Big Issue seller in more or less the exact same location, but this time just *outside* of the station, as per Big Issue's rules.

So, please do check for the blue laminated ID badge to be sure!