Tinker Tailor Eating House

edited July 2010 in Local discussion
There is a licensing application for the above restaurant where poor old Los Guaduales used to be. I am having difficulty trying to work out what kind restaurant it'll be beyond a bowl of unpitted stewed prunes - any ideas? The chappie is called Neil Gill: someone called Neil Gill used to be the head chef of a gastropub in Romsey.

Comments

• edited 12:52PM
    Good google skills. It's quite a small space for a restaurant though
    It has a garden out the back though - needs some work mind.
    A nice change in the fortunes of SGR shops and restaurants.
    Anything that calls itself 'Eating House' generally seems to be gastropub/traditional British meat, giblets, potatoes and locally sourced whatnots.
    Mmmm, giblets.
    Locally sourced whatnots are a particular favourite of mine.
    So I've heard.
  • edited July 2010
    The name on the licensing app. isn't usually the chef though.

Romsey to SGR could start an interesting trend in re-location - is this another Tory plot? to re-house their voters using a favourite chef as bait.
    [ there was a curry place in Muswell Hill 'something-or-other 2' with # 1 being in Fleet, Hampshire!? ]

There's also a Neil Gill that's a celebrant so perhaps it's going to be a 24 hr. humanist wedding parlour?
    if it is a tory plot, they have a long long way to go...
  • AliAli
    edited 12:52PM
    Well it wouldn’t surprise me if the government start to outsource local mental health management to Weatherspoons . They could use the WLM for a trial, the drugs are cheap and they already have half the potential punters already
    not to mention that Wetherspoons have an established track record at turning the mentally disturbed into highly productive members of their workforce.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is it unfair? The gaggle of people spilling from the enclosed area, across the pavement outside the WLoM, at any hour of the day is far, far worse than anything else in SG, surely?
  • AliAli
    I go there quite a bit as well
    Well, when I see you outside the WLoM I will say hello.
    I live right next to the WLM and have no problem with the small street crowds it engenders. Now, the mobs outside the Dairy and especially the Ten Pins on match days, those are some pavement-blocking vermin and no mistake.
  • AliAli
    Some of the punters outside the Worlds End do look a bit dodgy as well but I guess they look younger than the WLM ones so are not quite as well pickled or brain damaged. I think some of the people in the WLM crowd have been damaged by stronger substances than alcohol. It can be quite amusing late on a Friday seeing the Lib Dems holding court and reading the Guardian and now the Daily Telegraph so they keep up with their new pals. But I will also say that it is not often that I feel uncomfortable in WLM and it can be quite pleasant at the back on a Friday with sometimes quite a few students in, a small card schools that happen occasionally and the group of people who are doing Sudoku. It also has some great local history and pictures on its walls. It is also the only place around here where you will hear drunken Scots spoken properly you ken ! It does provide a social service of sorts as well as a pint of Abbott being about £1.85 or so
    Because I'm quite tall.
  • AliAli
    The "mobs" are generated by smoking not so much drinking
  • edited July 2010
    As sales jobs go, none of what either Ali or Misscara - as defenders of the WLoM - says "must visit".
    This [thread](http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1841/im-in-love-with-tosscat/) has some pictures of tosscat to help you identify him as he walks past WLoM.
    No, you're right Misscara, that was a touch too harsh, even when going for a laugh. Apologies.
    I look forward to random hellos now.
  • AliAli
    It is opening early September and will be modern britsh. The guy running it has good experience and has opened around 10 other sucessful restuarants around London for other people and this is his first venture by himself