Can anyone recommend a good builder?

edited January 2011 in Local discussion
We are hoping to build an extension to our flat this year and need quotes from good builders. Would really appreciate recommendations from anyone who has employed a good builder to do an extension. I know there are various threads about this on the forum already, but I would really like a personal recommendation for a builder who has done an extension, if that's possible. thanks!

Comments

• edited 12:34AM
    Hiya Donna! My friend had an extension put onto the back of their property 3 yrs ago by a chap called dan, who actually lives locally.
    They were really pleased with him, his number is 07861 237 360.
    They said he was competitive with his price, that's why I kept his number. Good luck
    I know someone and she and her team are great.

She has just done my friends extension in Dagmar Road, and the whole house, she has done lots of work locally (lives in Moray Road).

She is a chartered surveyor and has a fantastic team of electricians, builders, decorators, carpenters etc. She did my loft this summer, painted the place, put halogens in etc.

She is doing my mum bathroom.

She is a lovely honest person and very reasonable.

Pip: 07961 164537.

I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Bridget
    We’re looking to do some work on our house and wonder if anyone else has used Pip or has any new recommendations for this type of thing. Need things doing like stripping wall paper, plastering, doing up floorboards and general decorating etc ...? If anybody has any recent experience or recommendations (or indeed who to avoid) that would be great! Thanks!
    Philippa (Pip) has just finished our bathroom and I can second Bridget's recommendation.
  • KazKaz
    edited 12:34AM
    Are you still looking? I know one that my friend used and was very happy with! Let me know, and I will get his contact details.
  • edited December 2017
  • edited December 2017
    we'd like to think we are good builders, we have carried out a number of project through Finsbury Park and would be grtateful to be given the chance to provide you with a quote.

if you would like us to provide a quotation do contact us through info@housemartinsconstruction.com or 01689 871 273
    Adding to recommendations for Pip (Philippa). She's done some work for us, and will do more.
  • edited December 2017
  • Gardener Joe, Any chance of a pic of your party wall? We need our front garden wall rebuilt... pm me if you like
  • Second request for a wall pic, pls - we need a low level wall built in the back garden. Thx.
  • We've also had Philippa working at our place - she and her team have built us a new landing and roof terrace which involved re-building one corner of our house.  They did a great job, and we would happily recommend them (and have them back).
  • Hi all - was wondering if anyone knew if Phillipa mentioned above was still in business - have tried googling etc but to no luck?<br><br>
  • Yes, still in business and I would still recommend.
  • thanks much appreciated<br><br>
  • Hello, does anyone have any updates to this. Phillipa I spoke to, she seems v nice, reasonable priced etc but after first making contact with her at the end of October - I gave up in March (id imagine she is v busy) and hired someone else - that hasn't gone so well and we have parted company (I now need to additionally replace a shower tray, that they smashed), so I am again looking for builders....bathroom refit, plastering......... Does anyone have any updated recommends please?
  • Hi Fothers, I have an excellent builder doing work on my place in Woodstock Rd. I'd be happy to make an introduction if you like. And if you'd like to see the work before I do, you'd be welcome to. Cheers, Drew
  • <p>Hi Drew</p><p>I am currently looking for a builder to install a new bathroom. Could I have the details of your builder or even see the work he has done?</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks.</p>
  • I can also make a recommendation and you could see the bathroom, kitchen and decorating he and his team have done for me.  Shall I send you his details?
  • I'd give Philippa another shot ... She was working for me in February (still in and out finishing off odds and ends) and things seemed hectic then, but I think it's a bit calmer now. And she is really good - does what she says when she says, all very beautifully finished, looks out for what will be helpful.
  • What Kate said. Philippa's very reliable. If you're looking for smaller jobs Misscara's chap Alan is very good too (think he's a one-man band so can't take on big projects).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <p>Is it possible for you to post the details of your builders Ladysmall and Drew? Or could you please send them me in a private message?</p><p>I have managed to book Pip in for a quotation but I'm looking to get two or three quotes and if possibly to see some of the work locally if possible.</p><p>I would really appreciate your help especially as your recommendations are so high. We have had a few builders through the door for quotes and we can't seem to find anyone that's up for the job. So I'm hoping that your recommendations are useful.</p><p>I would really appreciate your help.</p><p>Many thanks.  </p>
  • I've sent you a message mountpelephant...
  • Thank you ladysmall. Your help is very much appreciated. :o)