Acting part 2

edited November 2006 in General chat
So, last week, you've guessed it, I had to pretend to be a tree. Not just any tree mind you but the archetypal oak tree (cue people standing around with their arms spread in the air - I stayed on my knees, just to be different). I tell you, my "little fucker" was well and truly present on my shoulder. Especially when we then moved on to the archetypal mountain, tiger and rose. Which was followed by imagining that we were moulding the air (following the teachings of Michael Chekov). I don't think that they're filming these classes... On the up side, and making me feel less like a pillock (we're at least allowed to give that as feedback after the exercises) we showed our short chase sequence to the rest of the class (five hours filming for a 3 minute horror chase scene) and it went down pretty well. If I ever have a spare weekend I'll sit down and edit it and put it on the site. I think it's cool. And I directed it! Right, having spent the morning preparing a children's party for my five children, I am now going to do some studying for my movement class in which I will be pretending to be Plum - catch up on my sleep I guess. Will keep you posted.

Comments

• edited 2:57PM
    >in which I will be pretending to be Plum

Remember Andy's "only gay if he takes it" in order to capture the true essence of Plum
    As ever, you're going to perhaps need to sub-edit that sentence if it is to make any sense at all to anyone. That apostrophe currently looks like a contraction.
    *ahem*

Andy's Statement then?

What good is a community website if there are no in-jokes?

Works for b3ta
    Isn't a tree on its knees little more than a shrub?
    I would say it more like a stump
    A stump would be all legs and no arms. This is definately all arms and no legs.
    Err.. all arms...
    Firewood?
    My idea was that oaks were sturdy and wide, an all embracing tree. I felt that standing up would make me a spindlier tree (although perhaps not as spindly as the model in the class). Plus, oak trees do grow from acorns you know!
    Okay, update on the week in acting: Thursday's are the best day as we have "Acting" class and "Acting for Camera". Acting class is where we get to play pretend. This Thursday we were pretending to Float. And, actually, if you do it properly and get into it, it's quite trippy! Very euphoric feeling. Not quite sure yet what it has to do with being the next Judi Dench but I'm sure it will become clear in time. Also did a Meisner exercise, which involved sitting opposite someone and saying "you have brown hair", to which they reply "I have brown hair", to which I reply "you have brown hair", to which they reply "you have a blue cardigan on". Pretty riveting stuff this. Got to be on the telly later on though. Geez, I look bloody awful on camera, especially under strip lighting and with no make up on!