Manchester United Crying Kid

edited October 2011 in Local discussion
To the kid who was crying his eyes out on Tollington Park after Manchester United were beaten 1 - 6 by Manchester City. I have a few things to say to you. 1. You were about 18, tears and snot are not a good look. 2. You sound like you come from London, so why support Man U? 3. And this is most important. YOU FUCKING LOST lol I have not laughed as much in years, and seeing your tear stained snotty face put a bigger smile on my face than I thought it was possible to have. So thanks for making my day even better.

Comments

• edited 10:14PM
    Charitable much?
  • edited October 2011
    That is me being charitable, I wanted to laugh in his face. I am a Leeds fan and as such will never EVER show charity to a Manchester United fan. At best I would be happy to piss on one if they were on fire.
    @Detritus, I am sure he is reading this forum and has taken your kind words to heart.
    This made me laugh a lot Detritus! Crying because of a normal league game is hilarious!
    Im a Leeds Utd fan and haven't considered Man Utd as a rival team for many years now thanks to DOL and P-Rids. Its more about Cardiff and Millwall in The Championship, and used to be Huddersfield, Sheffield Utd in League One. A half empty Elland Road for Man U's recent visit suggests many feel the same. Always nice to see them take a pasting, but i definitely take more pleasure from the "bought" teams like Chelsea and Spurs getting spanked. Man U have unfortunately been good for 25 years, rather than 5. PS: Went to the Pboro game on Saturday. Id forgotten how amazing it was to score and win with the last kick of the game. It went absolutely mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOT. PPS: Nobody should cry over football, but if you do, thats ok its just a bit tragic.
  • edited October 2011
    I agree, I have a semi soft spot for the Gunners so always like seeing Spurs get hammered. We are not going to like Chelsea anyway further more now there cash rich and Ken Bates less (wish we were) Millwall, Cardiff yes always. As for DOL and Rids don't even want to get started on that. MOT P.S Our keeper worries me.
    You forgot:
    4. It's just a game.
    Yes your right it is just a game, but it matters to people. It matters to me, its the only link to where I am from that I have and I have followed Leeds United through thick and thin, more thin than thick admittedly. As life is god awful most of the time, murder, rape, bankers bending us over and shafting us left right and center, this "game" makes me happy. That's what life is about, being happy or am I wrong?
    I went to Barnet-Southend last night. It was great fun, a short tube ride and £15 on the gate. As long as you aren't too emotionally invested in how Barnet perform (as they were dreadful last night and most times I have been to see them), it's a decent little trip.
    That's a good idea! Think I will do that. I follow football but have never been to a match although I have got a ticket for the women's final in the Olympics.
    I've always thought it was odd how rarely Arsenal gets mentioned on this site - pretty much only in conjunction with gripes about parking restrictions. The club does a lot for the area, our pubs and restaurants before (and during) a game, and adding to the general jollity. It *is* just a game, but a bloody great one and it brings people together on a regular basis like nothing else. Apart from religion, I suppose, but that does nothing for me. Except the sing-song, which I like, but the Arsenal songs are better than most hymns anyway. "What do we think of Tottenham?" being my all-time favourite.
    Completely agree Emine. I love the fact that we live in a football community, especially one so prestigious and with so much heritage. It brings an identity to an area. I love how local businesses show their allegiance/support through subtlties....the happening bagel shop with its posters and pendants, Hamlet cafe with its homage to Micky Thomas' goal against Liverpool, numerous pubs etc. Just makes you feel a bit closer to the community. With all the positivity, im amazed how arsenal fans are so down on their team and what they've achieved/have. When Leeds played them in the cup in Jan i was lucky enough to go, and couldn't believe how they turned against their players so quickly. Do they not remember rubbing shoulders in the 80's with Luton Town et al, competing for that "lucrative" 7th or 8th spot. You weren't always this global footballing giant, be thankful for your success, stability and amazing stadium and enjoy it all.....some football fans are just content that their club still exists in these difficult times. @andy. That sounds like a great evening out! Please confirm the brand of Pie and your marks out of ten if you had one.
    @Brodie J., and Andy,

Best pies at football matches? I would say Hollands , meat & potato is my favourite, especially for an early kick-off with a large tea
    [ steak & kidney is also good but more of an afternoon or evening snack, definitely superior to Pukka pies with all the dry crust. [ you can buy Hollands pies in Asda apparently - and steak puds too - not such a great atmosphere but if you really can't wait to find one at a game ]

@Detritus - you also get Schaudenfreude on a stick, but only after the game.
    Arsenal fans are among the worst of the whingers. A sense of entitlement seems to have taken hold and we forget those long years when we weren't doing too well. Arsenal football, at its best - introduced, as those who want to get rid of him should remember, by Wenger - is a wonder to behold and those occasional flashes of beauty more than make up for the usual frustration. Anyway, how boring would it be to follow a team who won everything all the time, especially those who "buy" trophies. N4 was never better (in recent times) than the night we beat Barca.
  • edited October 2011
    @brodiej - the pies were pukka and they also served Bovril. There are proper terraces, too. However, the magic of Barnet is to be found in the bacon sandwiches served at 'the Bacon Butty' hut. £2.50 and proper white bread doorstops. @emine i support Swindon Town, so I am not troubled by following a club that wins things all the time.
    Where did you see this kid crying?
    'Arsenal' are like the 'Wimbledon' who play in Milton Keynes, and should be treated as the commercial migrants they are rather than anything to do with the local community.
    (I pretty much hate football in the first place, but when it's that brazenly just an expression of corporate greed, I find the situation especially egregious)
    @ADGS,

FFS - they moved here before the First World war started.
  • edited October 2011
    @ADGS. Uh, thanks for that. Great post. It had everything.
    So if 'Wimbledon' are still in Milton Keynes in 90 years, will it be right to start renaming the place Wimbledon? And that's in Milton sodding Keynes, as against somewhere which already had history and soul and character to be erased and overwritten by the incoming corporation like Highbury.
    If you ever want a free beer tonight is the night, there should be a lot of happy gunners about.
  • Went to another obscure match over the weekend. Leyton Orient vs Hartlepool. By car you can get there in 20 mins and its quite an interesting drive. Plus you can park next to the ground. It was £25 in, but that was made up by the incredible range of half time delicacies. Pies, pasties, burgers, all your favourites! :-). The ground itself is a bit weird as it was redevloped with 4 blocks of flats in each corner...there were people having a bbq on their terrace with someone taking a corner kick 15ft away from them. The football was bad, but im used to that. Unfortunately there was a band. I remember when Leeds United biined "the band" that had formed in the kop when after a chant of "stand up if you hate the band" all the members stood up as well as 35,000 others
  • I've been along to Leyton Orient a few times too.<div>Pretty easy to get to by public transport from here and the ground has an odd charm to it. Always been able to turn up and buy a ticket on the day of the match too, which I like.<div><br></div><div>The football is pretty awful though. They make even my beloved Partick Thistle look like real masters of the game...</div></div>
  • @ andy. Off the back of this i ventured to the FA cup tie of Barnet vs MK Dons last Saturday. Loved it. Proper old school club, massively sloping pitch, ridiculous open terraces, apathetic home fans, completely naff hospitality suite, tannoy announcer in a sheepskin jacket in a hut on the halfway line! Missed the Butty Hut but saw a long queue outside it. 20 mins on the northern line home. Great afternoon.
  • <p>Arsenal v Leeds in the cup oh joy, not only are we going to get beaten. It's by the club pretty much at the end of the road.</p><p>I think it might be shown on TV but the question arises what pub should I pick to watch the match in?</p><p>MOT</p>
  • <P>football blo-dy hell...as fergie once said...</P> <P>best goal ever - gazza playing for england and flicking the ball over the head of the scottish player and then slamming the ball into back of the net - and then the dentists chair celebration - in euro 95</P> <P>england (5) germany (1)... the dvd of this game on sale in tesco in sgr for years after...</P> <P>dalglish - no7 for liverpool ,keegan and john barnes...</P> <P>gazza's tears as he realised that he would be banned from the final as he got a yellow card..</P> <P>stuart pearce sticking the ball over the bar then roaring "come on" as he avenges it and scores for england years later...</P> <P>glenn hoddle - best england player ever...</P> <P>player to watch - england and man utds phil jones - good sitting midfielder...</P> <P>avb - sent alex and anelka to play with the reserves after they both put in a transfer request - avb the jury is out..but he should not be putting players like anelka in the stiffs...1st team cfc players are shocked by this...</P> <P>who has put on £10 for spurs to win the prem? shame gareth bale doesnt play for england...great player...</P>
  • <p>err is that a wind up? it was Euro 96</p><p>Germany 1 - England 5</p><p>And Glen Hoddle? He was good but as good as Moore or even Beckham in his pomp?</p><p>And best goal Davd Platt against Belgium in Italia 90</p><p> </p>
  • <P>detritus - no not a wind up.i am being serious...</P> <P>yes it was a home game for germany so germany (1) england (5)</P> <P>phil jones - the man utd player who plays centre back - he played for england in an international match recently as a sitting midlfield player and he was great.Good first touch,pace,intelligence,pass and move,puts his foot in,sticks his head in and other cliches...</P> <P>ahsley young,the man utd player ... he has pace and drags opposing players out of position...a threat4 england...  </P> <P>fabio overlooks micah richards at right back for england...but thats crap-ello...</P> <P>arsenal need to buy in the jan transfer window...gary cahill centre back needed as mertesacker not all that in central defence for arsenal despite his height and caps for germany...</P> <P>carry on</P> <P> </P>