[...]

Comments

• How revolting especially in the summer months. Totally disgusting, what are we paying our council tax for. I will write and this does happen I will throw my rubbish in the streets for them to deal with as a protest!<br>I really dont fancy maggot city in my bins, its bad enough once a week!<br>
  • Just did the survey and posted on Facebook thanks.<br>
  • Our youngest gets through about 50-60 nappies a week. Come Monday morning our bin stinks even though the nappies are tied in a sealed plastic bag. I dread to think what the stench would be like after two weeks in even fairly mild weather. I won't mention the maggot infestation we had in the height of summer. Oh, sorry. I just did.
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>I <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>wonder if this is part of the Contract with the new suppliers of refuse collection.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Are we also not supposed to be getting different <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>types of wheelie bins for different types of rubbish </FONT></P>
  • I received a letter from the council a few days ago stating that all refuse/waste must be placed outside for collection between the hours of 5pm-6pm Monday to Saturday and that these hours are strictly enforced! Are the council assuming that we are all unemployed? I for one don't get home from work until at least 7pm. Numpties!
  • edited November 2011
    What do they mean - "[we don't think it] will work in an area like Haringey"?  Maybe they mean - "We can't think of a good reason not to do this, but any half-baked campaign we can run with minimal effort might get us some votes". <div><br></div><div>[I do not agree nor disagree with the proposal, but if that's the best arguement the local LibDems can come up with, they might reconsider being career politicians]</div>
  • Now we have all been leafleted about the roll out of this to Stroud Green, no one here seems to think it worth discussing. For myself I am not particularly worried. However, there is some momentum gathering on our <a href="http://www.richardwilson.me.uk/2012/05/12/fortnightly-bin-collections-to-bring-misery-to-stroud-green/?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+RichardWilsonNews+(Richard+Wilson)">local councillor's website</a>.<br><br><br>
  • Bones now accepted in food waste, which is good. Less impressed with Veolia rep last week, who suggested we hack a chunk out of the hedge to accommodate another wheelie bin. Very environmentally sound suggestion - not!
  • This happens where my mum lives and it is a nightmare for families.  If you over fill your bin they refuse to empty it.  Also if your collection happens to fall on a bank holiday that's just tough luck you have to wait 3 weeks to get your bin emptied. 
  • I'm so pleased that we live on the Islington side. Rubbish and recycling collected every week (however much goes out), even on Bank Holidays.
  • Having read the leaflet I think it's a fine idea. We barely throw anything in the bin anyway and we get some free storage boxes in to the equation!
  • Everything gets collected on Bank Holidays in Haringey too.<br>
  • vetski, re your hedge, you can get half-sized wheelie bins, and half-size recycle wheelie bins too. If you never really fill the big, standard-size wheelie, nor more than a single recycle box, then the smaller bins might do, and fit your space? ii have had the smaller wheelie bin for a while now, and the front garden seems less "occupied" than i did with the full-size wheeli.
  • @gardener-joe, thanks, that's my plan - I was just so indignant at the temerity of the suggestion that the Veolia rep may never get the flea out of her ear! Are the half-sized bins half-height, or same height as ordinary wheelies but half-width? 
  • shorter, leaner, and altogether better to look at
  • @gardener-joe - thanks for this - we've just had another jumbo wheelie bin 'dumped' in our little front garden (trashing our flowers to squeeze it in). The old recycling box was just right for our small family but now our garden is looking like a wheelie bin storage site... d<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">id you get your 'lean' wheelie bin from this "Veolia" outfit or the council?</span>
  • edited June 2012
    yes, the small bin arrived ... glancing at the neighbours front gardens I am so glad I phoned as directed on the initial leaflet, and ordered the small version .... ... but why he f*** did thy not take the old recycling box. For some readon I have to take it to a recycling centre ... what sense is that ... grrr ... I don't drive and won't make a special bus journey, so will smash the box and ... err ... put it in the recyling wheelie bin. [rant over!].
  • Yes @gardener-joe, I was a bit bemused by the fact that they don't offer to remove the old box.  Bonkers.
  • Can I have the old boxes please? I'll collect them whenever you like.
  • Our neighbours got large recycling wheelies. All we got was a bunch of green plastic bags. Why? We have just as much space as anyone else on our street.<br><br>Were we also supposed to get a food recycling box? Again, we only got some bags. No small bin for the kitchen, no larger big outside. I'm happy to recycle as much as I can, but they don't make it easy.<br>
  • @rainbow_carnage, ring Veolia and nag them for a bin. When you don't get it, ring them again and quote the reference number they will have given you on your first call. They will not be able to access your previous discussion using that number. Complain vociferously. Your bin should arrive within a week of your second call! It worked for my lean recycling wheelie - now waiting with bated breath to see if they manage to get me my lean waste wheelie... 
  • edited June 2012
    This is my time to be positive.  Love the new big recycling bins.  I can store all my recycling in one little bin in my kitchen and put it out a few time a week in the bigger recycling bin. As they say in their leaflet you can use it for storage, and I think it fits nicely under a bed. These boxes usually cost over £5.   If you really don't want it, donate it to Miss Annie.  I'm sure she'll put them to good use.  
  • edited June 2012
    Veolia delivered a wheelie bin to us very swiftly - and it was nicked almost as swiftly. Sigh.<br>
  • I thought the Stapleton  was having a roof garden, the old plastic boxes would be great for that ?
  • I took the bold move of e-mailing Veolia to ask for a new recycling bin. This was the reply:<br><br>'In regards to your recycling wheelie bin, your property is listed to receive recycling sacks for the new collections service starting from 18th June.  However, I can place an order for clear recycling sacks for the meantime, and request a general enquiry to look into this matter until a final decision is made on your preferred recycling container.'<br><br>Request a general enquiry? I'm not asking to build a 10ft wall in front of my house. I just want a bin. How many people does it have to go through before they make a final decision on my 'preferred recycling container'?<br>
  • Rainbow we got delivered three green wheelie bins despite only having one black refuse bin outside. Veolia said they would remove the extra two but have yet to pick them up. You can have one of them.
  • We live on Florence Road and haven't had our recycling collected from the recycling bins at all in June yet!
  • I'm so pleased I don't live in Haringey. Our recycling and rubbish collection is regular as clockwork.
  • Donna the recycling bin collections don't start until w/c 18th. We have to use our boxes until then. Ours were collected as usual today.