Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

The Laundary Youth Club/Hanley Crouch Community Centre

edited November 2011 in About this site
<P>The Launday youth club is a place where young people can come to relax, engage with others and participate in a range of activities within a safe environment. As a youth project we are dedicated to empowering young people to reach their potential.</P> <P>Our weekly sessions include pool, sports and gaming, along with the activities listed below:</P> <UL> <LI>Football- Football workshops include training and short games. We aim to build male and female football teams in the ward.</LI> <LI>Creative Writing- short stories, poetry and songwriting</LI> <LI>Music- We have a music Studio in which we do music production, composition, songwriting lessons, singing lessons, rapping, instrument lessons, mentoring,business and law</LI> <LI>Employment Workshops- CV building and mock interview skills</LI> <LI>Sports- Table Tennis, Basket Ball and Badminton</LI> <LI>Cooking -Cooking new dishes on a weekly basis and bringing in professional chefs on ocassions</LI> <LI>Photography- young people participate in various projects allowing them to use professional cameras and learn the ropes.</LI> <LI>Film nights- Young people can relax and watch films on a big screen whilst eating snacks.</LI></UL> <P>We have recently dedicated ourselves to preparing young people for employment. As a result we have partnered with HFI, Arsenal and the CSD Global Group to provide those 18 and over with job opportunities in stewarding, hospitality and security. From the beginning of next year CSD will also be starting apprenticeships. </P> <P>We work with our young people in planning the activities and trips. As a result our next trip will be to Jamies Olivers Kitchens to do a three week cooking workshop, where they will learn new dishes and have a master chef still competition at the end.</P> <P>If you would like more info about the youth club please contact Abraham on 0207 263 1067 or alternatively email at <A href="mailto:Abraham@hanleycrouch.org.uk">Abraham@hanleycrouch.org.uk</A>. We are at the bottom of Sparsholt Road so you are more than welcome to pop in and find out about the various other projects we run.</P>

Comments

• This is a good project. I go quite a bit and have done a veterinarian demo there which went well I heard thebJamie Oliver trip was great (and less blood I bet!!) As a Chelsea fan I won't say much about the Arsenal project but it is good to get these lads playing sport. Give it a try ppl. Chang