New cafe

Comments

• Misscara,<div><br></div><div>What's your verdict on the coffee?</div>
  • Liked my flat white, on Sunday morning.<br>Affordable prices for sure.<br>I like the vibe with the decor, too. It's different from other places around here.<br>Welcome to Stroud Green!<br>
  •   Called in with my wife yesterday and tried their hot chocolate mix, have to say it was superb The cake and sandwich was pretty good too.<br>
  • I had a tuna mayo sandwich today. Really good, just the right amount of pepper.
  • One of you will turn. You always turn. At the moment, they're basking in the glory of happy customers, then someone will complain about a napkin or a doughnut and it will be all over.
  • How about steamed up windows !
  • On sunny days, it's impoissible to read your laptop screen - too bright.
  • There's a little coffee and a big coffee but no medium sized coffee.
  • @krappyrubsnif when did you have a sunny day recently? oops
  • @Margolada, as you surely know every day is a sunny day for me.    Oops.
  • <P>Nope i didnt know, i have to start putting the same stuff in my tea as you do.</P>
  • Went in for the first time today, nice space with good coffee and pleasant atmosphere. Realised on walk back that we probably got undercharged, two coffees and two croissants for a fiver. Will grab a morning coffee tomorrow and settle up. They get bonus points for reminding me of a great little jazz bar in Tokyo called Vagabond.
  • <P>"a great jazz bar in tokyo"</P> <P>knocking shop</P> <P>merry christmas</P> <P>carry on</P>
  • Cake and cappuccino made with great care. Learned discourse between proprietors and customer about different qualities of different coffees required for espresso v milk coffees. How to make ggod froth. Try an Australian cappuccino! Home-made carrot cake delicious. A slice of that, + capp for a very reasonable £4. Two delightful friendly blokes, keen to get it right. I passed on one or two minor complaints. Perspiring windows vex them as well, but there's nothing they can do about it. One factor could be that the site has been unoccupied for some time, and suffers from damp. I urged them to come back here and talk to us (it was my suggestion in the first place that they would benefit from signing up), and they said they would try, although they work a fearsome 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Best of luck to them.Oh, and they would like to have an armchair or two (so would I!), but there's obviously no space. It's tiny - not an obvious cafe site, but  actually a very pleasing ambiente.
  • edited December 2011
    Had a very pleasant visit here yesterday morning, with friendly informative chat about the qualities of the couple of blends they had on the go.  Yes, small, but comfortable enough, and there was a decent amount of take-away customers, who were all engaged in friendly small-talk.  Danish pastry was nice and fresh, sandwiches looked good. <div><br></div><div>Strangely, the lack of wifi made me like its no-nonsense atmosphere all the more.  As if the freaky rocking horse in the window was thinking: "Come here for nice coffee - if you want to fart about like it's your home office, go to Dream River".</div><div><br></div><div>Would visit again.</div><div><br></div>
  • edited December 2017
  • Popped in yeseterday morning with the 2 new arrivals. Great flat white.
  • Keep it wi-fi free, I say.  Then we have a choice.
  • Merry Chistmas to you all! Hope it will be your best! Thank you again for the reviews, we will keep on serving great coffee and have new coffee for you to try out. Hot sandwiches available now: Haloumi and roast veg as well as tuna. We are looking into having some simple breakfast availible too and will have that in the future.<br><br>We would also like to notify you that we'll be closed on the 25th and the 26th of December and also on the 1st of January<br><br>Happy Holidays!<br><br>Yours,The Vagabonds ;)<br>
  • edited December 2017
  • I can see why this place is going down well, they come across as nice people and very serious about the coffee. In a good way - not a Hoxton poseur kind of way. Friendly shops in the neighbourhood trying hard to please and listening to their customers will always get my custom and I'm definitely going to be making many return visits here. The coffee is excellent. I do like the coffee in Front Room too, but this is in a different class.<br><br>No need for WiFi here in my opinion if they can get enough custom without, and I use WiFi a lot. Looking forward to when they do soup.<br><br>The first time in ages I've set foot on that unloved bit of SGR.<br>
  • Tried it out myself for the first time this week. Lovely couple of people working there and good coffee. So good even an untrained caffeine palette like my own could notice. Which is no mean feat :-)
  • I went for the first time today. Totally loved the hot chocolate! Today I had it made with cocoa from Venezuela, I am looking forward to trying the other varieties. The service was excellent too!
  • <div><br></div><div>Also a thumbs up from me, really nice coffee and really nice guys behind the till. The sandwiches and cakes looked lovely but I've started my new year health kick a bit early to get a head start! </div><div><br></div><div>Will definitely go back.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Vagabond is great . Chang. Hope it kicks the ass of the new Starbucks!!
  • Joe - are you really a gardener ?
  • edited December 2017
  • Vagabond is not very big.  I hope the cafe doesn't get clogged all day with table surfers and nobody talking, and people who buy a coffee and stay for six hours.  And all those wires. 
  • Dropped in with the missus this morning to give them a try. <div><br></div><div>Excellent flat whites, and a very good bit of cake. I like the atmosphere and general vibe of the place.<div><br></div><div>I'd agree with some of the other posters who rate it as the best coffee in the area. I hope they do very well, based on the quality of what they're serving they deserve to.</div></div>