[...]

13»

Comments

• There is a Crouch End Arts Festival coming up, there's a website for it.
  • For the record, I wouldn't want Jamaica Village to happen in *anyone*'s backyard. And I was fine with the various one day, non-Olympics-related concerts to have happened in Finsbury Park during my decade here. Even when it was utter crap like Oasis and chums.<br>
  • Music festivals would be easier to digest for those who like the park for quieter activities if the festival organisers made less profit & gave more to the others in the community.
  • @ADGS is spot on. No one should have to endure two weeks of constant background noise. I have no problem with one- or two-day festivals - I've even been known to attend them - but 10 days is taking the piss. <br><br>People who support this sort of thing are selfish bastards. They want to drop by for a few hours, then go back to their Lorne Road flats. They don't give a damn that thousands of people wouldn't have that option. <br><br>@ChangeN4N6 - Would you be willing to live in the park for the duration of the festival? All day, every day? No going away for work (some of us work from home). No going out of town for the weekend (many can't afford it). You can sleep in your own bed, but the minute the music starts up, you have to be back in the park. No? Then shut up. You don't get a say.<br>
  • Yes, because you can only have an opinion on something that directly affects you. Think it's wrong that huge numbers of girls across the world are denied education? Well, it's not your business. Support equal marriage rights for gay people? Unless you're gay and want to get married, not your business. And unless you're a women currently in an abusive relationship, can you please not write to your MP about the proposed changes to legal aid. <br>
  • edited April 2012
    Damn, that's a strong argument, Idoru.<br><br>Oh wait, no. It's bullshit.<br><br>Are you seriously comparing your desire to listen to reggae for a few hours to a woman's right to an education?<br><br>You want to inflict something on you neighbours that you would not want for yourself. Why? So you can have a bit of fun? That makes you a selfish jerk. Simple as that.<br>
  • edited April 2012
    I have no desire to listen to reggae. I don't like it. <br>
  • @idoru ... maybe best to stop digging that hole you are in ...