Florist!

edited February 2012 in About this site
<div>Miss Annie may be interested to know that a florist has opened at the Tollington Park/Hornsey road crossroads. They're only just open - they haven't got a proper till or even the sign up yet - but they have pretty flowers and the two women working there were very helpful and friendly. Definitely an improvement and I hope they do well. </div>

Comments

• Thanks Mirandola! I'll go and have a gander tomorrow.
  • Thanks for that - looking forward to checking them out!
  • I went to the (sunshine?) florist near the post office. More cuddly toys than flowers but offered me a good price on a Valentine bunch plus dairy milk and a big teddy all stapled iin celophane disPlay. Not sure it will do the trick with the ladies but they were selling loads (specially to Moray Riad and area nr launderette). What sort if flowers do romantic women like? Chang
  • For what it's worth, I'd much rather just have the flowers rather than the dairy milk and the teddy. 
  • edited February 2012
    <p>Some guidelines for Valentine's flowers. No carnations, no red roses - white, pink or yellow are prettier and usually smell better, no lilies - funereal, tulips are good. If you want to go crazy try McQueen's or Wild at Heart - both amazing. On no account should you buy petrol station bouquets. I share Mirandola's views if someone pitched up at my door brandishing a teddy bear they'd get short shrift!</p><p> </p>
  • And definitely no lilies if she has cats - they're poisonous to them. I like red roses, but that's because they were my Italian grandad's favorite flowers. 
  • It's just so difficult to get scented red roses these days, although there are a few local front gardens that have glorious deep red roses that smell fantastic.
  • Fair point. Which reminds me, I must get round to do something, anything with my little garden. Any chance the WI could do gardening classes? 
  • definitely definitely no teddies!!!! 
  • Drat. Just remembered that WI meetings are on the same day as my book group.