Hornsey Road Tesco

edited February 2012 in About this site
Sorry for starting a new thread about this but I can't find the original one.  The new flats on Hornsey Road opposite the end of Tollington Park are definitely getting a Tescos underneath. I have just received the alcohol license request through my door.

Comments

• This is getting crazy Tesco  v Sainsbury's  means we are getting ringfenced...........Sainsbury book ending Stroudgreen Road x 2 when the new one opens by John Jones and the  top of Blackstock Road one.<br>Tesco  Stroud Green Road, the one  on Seven Sisters opp the Finsbury Park Station and I think there is one further along Seven Sisters near Hornsey Road and now the one mentioned above. Chuck in some Lidls, Nisa and over the way Londis and  then all the guys in the corner shops I mean really.......how much stuff do we need?<br><br><br> A lot obviously.<br>
  • I would like doreen's hair fashion to become a Marks and Spencer food shop like the one in Muswell Hill. MAybe Twiggy would open it! Agree 2 many Tescos. But the lads in Nisa are very friendly tho 1 tried to flirt with my sister:) Chang
  • <p>Given up buying fruit and veg in supermarkets now that we have Ash's fabulous shop! As long as we support our local independent shops they will survive. Every time you give your money to Tesco and Sainsburys a kitten dies.</p>
  • I never knew that.  I shall shop very carefully from now on. Does a kitten die if you shop at Waitrose or Coop?<br>
  • The kitten still dies at the Co-op or Waitrose but it is stroked to a peaceful demise by a nice middle class lady with shiny hair wearing a sundress.<br>
  • edited February 2012
    <p>But Tesco do a lovely brand of Dead Kitten Soup.</p><p>Detritus.</p>
  • The Live Kitten Soup is quite disturbing though,<br>
  • Have just polled my cats - they have no problem with money being spent in any supermarket, provided that a significant proportion is spent on catfood and cat treats. They like the bulk-buying aspect because it means that when the shopping comes home, they can see where the next month's worth of meals is coming from!
  • edited February 2012
    I'm really happy we are getting a tesco on hornsey road. Hornsey Road looks a mess and with the new florist shop and ajanis there's a bit of hope.  There are three grocers opposite where tesco is and 1 minute near me...i would be happy if 2 of these grocers shut down...overpriced, making up prices as they go along,  out of date stock.  One is fantastic and has competitive prices for some things and things which the supermarkets dont sell so shouldnt be affected by Tesco.   I wont be getting my fruit and veg there either as I go to Ash as well but it in the absence of nice shops on this end of hornsey road Tesco will make the area look a bit better rather than more betting shops, fried chicken shops and scruffy looking grocers <br>
  • edited February 2012
    FREE cash machine :)) that is all
  • Does anyone know when it's meant to open? 
  • Quite a bit of work going on inside now that they've removed the hoardings. Still no idea when it will open. Anyone?? 
  • anyone else think that the new Sainsburys seems to be taking forever?
  • I think they've finished it long since, and are just continuing to block half the pavement for shits and giggles.<br>