TV, Film or Music Videos

edited April 2012 in About this site
<p>Has Stroud Green been in any of the above? I am not talking about a 10 second news item but something more substantial?</p>

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Happy Go Lucky and Notes on a Scandal were both filmed round here
  • 28 weeks later filmed in crouch hill and moray Rd representing dregs of life in post apocalyptic London. Notes on scandal filmed in IAAMS - the classroom where Cate Blanchet gave a blow job to a school boy is now a tea room for Balfour Beaty
  • And a stop-start animation series, from 1970s I think (Clangers?Help me Misscara) filmed in the old post office or somewhere like that. But not actually set in SG. Chang.
  • - Brontosaurus Chorus' Louisiana, video filmed on the Parkland Walk. <br>
  • The opening shots of the very first episode of Spooks were filmed at SG School, I'm told.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This music video has the old Capital Cars cab office and is that the petrol station on Stapleton Hall Road? <div><br></div><div><a href="">
  • The film 28 Weeks Later has a section filmed at the crossroads of SGR and SHR. You can see the Mind shop, the Dairy and the Larrik. The camera must have been outside what is now Il Piccolo Diabolo (used to be Mari e Monte... sorely missed) facing south. The characters then go into the pizzeria on the corner of Japan Crescent but the internal shot must have been somewhere else.
  • Actually probably the camera was more like outside Sparsholt Garage on the corner of Sparsholt Rd and Crouch Hill.
  • Many of the zombie scenes and the mini-market scene from Shaun of the Dead was filmed around Weston Park off Ferme Park road.
  • CloClo
    edited April 2012
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial', 'sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Not really a film as such, but I remember seeing an old 1970s 'stranger danger' public awareness film online, which was shot around Stroud Green Road - in one scene the dodgy 'stranger' pulls into Charter Court and tries to lure some kid away in his car. Can't seem to find it online again though...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P> </P>
  • Mentioned the public information film to a friend whose Google-fu is strong and she found it! <br><br>