Empire of Dirt

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Not sure about the name - while it was still Nine Inch Nails' song, then maybe, but Johnny Cash reflecting on a life nearing its end is not the soundtrack I associate with BMX antics...<br>
  • I thought the same just now.  I thought it was a Johnny Cash tribute event.  I imagined all these middle class parents in wellies marching up to Ally Pally with deckchairs sitting around and listening to Johnny Cash.  Packing them up and going home.<div><br></div>
  • Since when did wellies become an indicator of class? Wellies are surely the sensible choice in our current Monsoon season. Anyway your chip is badly aligned as many of the young ladies on the Andover Estate are sporting Hunters this season.
  • edited May 2012
    Nothing wrong with wellies.  Good for farms and the countryside.  I just had a vision of all these Crouch end parent discussing the best school for their kids walking up to Ally Pally with their deckchairs and listening to Johnny Cash.  Seemed surreal.<div><br></div><div>I agree wellies have become the new fake Louis Vuitton bag.  </div><div><br></div><div>@Miss Annie.  I agree with you.  Being from a working class background doesn't mean you can't aspire.  I love cooking, non-Hollywood cinema, travel and a good wine. </div><div><br></div><div>I don't agree that there's a trickle down effect as Arkady stated on the election post.  The Middle and Upper classes are taking more of the pie and in Stroud Green they're isolating themselves in restaurants like Season etc. and then getting involved in charity works to ease their conscience.  Oldest trick in the book.  Spread the cash from wages not charity.</div>
  • edited May 2012
    Hurt is a great tune, but from what I've heard Mr Cash was a showman, but what a showman<div><br></div><div><br><div><a href=""> </div><div><br></div></div>
  • Where did I mention a trickle down affect?  It's always been a tendency of yours, but more and more you appear to be mentally changing and adding to what someone has actually said.  Odd.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ Misscara.  Sorry.  I probably should have kept the last comment to the mayoral election post. I just had this odd image that came into mind when I saw 'Empire of Dirt'  I was replying to Miss Annie and got carried away.  Charity is a good thing to get involved in and I try and do it now and again.  I meant sometimes people think because they get involved in charity it makes it OKay for them to earn big wages and support right wing governments that are taking  away from the poor.  It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular on here.  I didn't name anyone.<div><br></div><div>@ Arkady.  I guess it wasn't trickle down, but I think there is a finite amount of money in the economy and at the moment the poor are getting less and less of it.  So the upper level of society is taking more and more of the pie and it's not helping the poorer members of society.</div><div><br></div><div>I hope you both had a lovely weekend.</div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You're right, enough is enough.  I guess things have got out of hand.  I'm unhappy and need to sort my life out.  Coming on here isn't helping.  Sorry for the moaning.  I'm going to delete my account.
  • Andy, can you delete or block my account.  I can't seem to do it. Thanks
  • self pity ... eeugh!
  • Has its comic side though eh? Chang
  • <p>Just stop posting if you don't want to! Really, it's not that difficult.</p><p> </p>
  • <P>Actually, I feel quite sorry for Kreuzkav. He' s plainly not a happy bunny, and I suggested to him some time ago that he might be better off out of here. His weaknesses have led to him getting a kicking from virtually everybody, which can't have done his amour propre much good. On a good day , his posts were colourful, funny and well written. On a bad day, he seemed... vulnerable. Repetition was his greatest weakness, as a poster.</P> <P>Get some help, Cavalier-of-the-Cross-in-German (have I guessed right, KK?), and the best of luck to you.</P>
  • I agree with @checkski. @kreuzkav seems a fragile soul, though I have always suspected that he gets taken seriously when he means to be frivolous and frivolous when being serious.