Recycling collections Tue 3rd July - success/failure?

edited July 2012 in About this site
Just keeping an eye out...who did/didn't get their recycling collected yesterday (it wasn't a waste day)? It would be helpful if you could say what street you're on - PM pls if you'd rather not disclose that publicly.<div><br></div><div>I can confirm Oxford Rd got collected yesterday.</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you!</div>

Comments

• The 4th is today not yesterday !
  • Thx @Ali, post title amended. Did your recycling get collected yesterday?
  • Yes as clock work
  • edited July 2012
    Success  Stroud Green road.  I really like the new bins and service.  Everyone recycles their waste to a certain extent in our house so the non-recycling bins don't overflow in two weeks.  
  • Those bins on the corner of UTP were a right eyesore! Hope they won't be like that every week.
  • edited July 2012
    Bins on UTP ... see the ongoing saga on the local councillor's blog.
  • RoyRoy
    edited July 2012
    I used to have neighbours in Cambridge who either didn't understand or didn't care.  They filled their recycling bins with rubbish (which of course didn't get collected).  They filled their normal black wheelie bins so full the lid didn't close, so those didn't get collected either.  So they started putting out black bin bags full of rubbish which (unsurprisingly) didn't got collected either (Cambridge had a no 'side waste' rule - they would only collect waste put in the provided bins).<br><br>It started to get quite unpleasant, but was eventually sorted (by whom, I don't know).<br><br>roy<br><br><br>