Planned power cut

ArcherArcher Scarborough Road
edited November 2012 in Sharing
Tuesday 20th Nov 8am-12pm. I got a leaflet about it (Scarborough Road). Any advice on what to do with fridge/freezer food/ baby milk??<br>

Comments

• ArcherArcher Scarborough Road
    Just read 'Keep your freezer shut. The food should stay frozen for about 12 hours.' That's good news for my recent food shop.<br>
  • The worry is with Scarborough road - right next door to the park - that rats will flood down in the dark in search of pizza's n other takeaway left overs. So best lock your rubbish in metal bins (has to be metal to keep the rats out) and like you said keep the fridges shut tight. There is a planned power cut in Lorne and marquis road on sat night and Regina street on Sunday. Same precautions apply re rats, tho thesre streets are further from the park where they all live and dart about. Chang.
  • @Archer, if you have any ice packs in your freezer, put them in the fridge just before 8am to help keep the temperature down. Or buy a bag of ice (but put it in a big bowl, otherwise you'll have some mopping up to do! *voice of experience...*).
  • The power cut has just started. So far no rats. Chang
  • This is all b****cks.   What power cut?<br>
  • edited November 2012
    Lorne was 45 mins only - at least at the good end. So not much of a problem. Regina Street today at 3pm do suggest have ur lunch early and go for a walk. Chang
  • ArcherArcher Scarborough Road
    Thanks for the advice guys. The letter/warning I got was from UK POWER NETWORKS, informing me that they are to carry out maintenance works on the electricity network. <br>