Problems with Virgin Media

2»

Comments

• Just for balance, I have been mostly happy with my virgin service, and the guy who installed it was excellent.
  • edited September 2013
    Virgin has the worst customer service ever. That said: once it's working, it's working fine. I've had Virgin (broadband only) for the past six years or so and only had major issues (Internet cut off) three times. It was a pain as the above mentioned CS is a disgrace, but it's been reliable otherwise. I think my latest problems are more related to my very old, in its knees, laptop. <br><br>Agree, the prices are too high. What I do is ask for a newer tariff or something else they can do. So I'm paying 18.50. Still far too much, but anything else on the market isn't quite suitable. I only need broadband, no TV, no landline.<br>
  • Virgin CS is awful, I agree, but every technician I've had round couldn't have been more helpful - several have even left me their personal mobile numbers in case of follow-up problems!<div><br></div>
  • edited October 2013
    I suppose how you perceive cost depends on how much you use it. If you are online only occasionally then £18.50 a month is a lot. If you use it every day 50something pence a day isn't bad.
  • I have had offer some balance here too. I have been with vrigin media 7 eyars and they have been fantastic. The internet is super fast and I always approach 30Mb. The customer services are very kind and helpful. They also give me yearly loyalty discounts for staying with them unlike other large companies. I also get free tube WIfi with them which is nice. Overall I am very pleased
  • edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Virgin do loyalty discounts? I've never had one! I shall be following that up pronto!
  • Vetksi it depends where you are in your contract. They will apply a loyal discount in exchange for signing a 12 month contract. Speak to the lovely people in retentions who will be able to help you 
  • About 4 years in, I think, maybe a bit more. I'll ask anyway, the worst they can do is say no!
  • You should get a discount then. The proportion depends on your package you are receiving.  <div><br></div><div>Most companies offer a loyalty discount. People are generally to embarrassed to ask for these things</div>
  • I have had only one issue with BT in over 23 years  of service around here
  • Vetski, yes, ask them. With Virgin, as with many companies it's 'if you don't ask, you don't get'. I, too, have this discount. Same goes for car insurances, ask them if they give you a newer tariff, you often end up paying less. :-)<br>