Rub - Slow Food & Milk Bar

edited June 2013 in Local discussion
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">latest in the dizzying array of concepts that have come & gone in this unit  (just vacated by Dixie Chicken, next door to Chippy)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">'Rub' is billed as a Slow Food & Milk Bar</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.gumtree.com/p/jobs/rub-slow-food-diner-milk-bar/1021148811</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ad & concept sounds promising actually - like its somewhere with some thought and planning behind it </font></div>

Comments

• Really want to see a menu! Had slow-cooked (17 hours) pulled pork at a friend's yesterday - so delicious I may suggest he leaves his academic job and becomes one of their chefs. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope they've got a buffet option!
  • Any news on this place?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">"This is not a job, it's an opportunity."</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;">Just like a dance crew…one member out of step and it’s all over."</span></div><div><font color="#666666" face="verdana, arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;"> </span></font></div><div><font color="#666666" face="verdana, arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;">nice</span></font></div>
  • I can't get that link to open
  • edited July 2013
    @Mirandola, it probably won't if you're not logged into FB/don't have a account. They've written (1/3):<br><div><div class="mbl" style="margin-bottom: 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div class="mhl" style="margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px;"><div class="mvm uiP fsm" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px;"><span class="fwb" style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="line-height: 14px; font-weight: normal;">At Rub we love flavour; spicy hot jerk with cooling slaw, sticky brioche with melt-in-the-mouth pulled pork, and tart fruit to cut through our rich baked cheesecake. It’s simple food - not easy food. Our food encompasses the best of both worlds – we cook it slow and serve it fast.</span><span style="line-height: 14px; font-weight: normal;"> </span></span></div><div id="id_51e04d5d8967d4796460669" class="text_exposed_root text_exposed" style="display: inline;"><br>Why slow food?<br>Because the flavours are richer and deeper, the meat is tender and more delicious. Slow food is comfo<span class="text_exposed_show" style="display: inline;">rting, it’ll cheer you up on a bad day, bring friends together and keep you coming back for more!<br></span></div></div></div></div>
  • edited July 2013
    (2/3)<div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">Why milk bar?</span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Rub is bringing together two great things – a slow food diner and a milk bar. Our shakes are the perfect match for our mains, they will keep your taste buds happy!</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Making a trip to Rub not just lunch or dinner, it’s the best event of the week. Have a mid week treat or celebrate the weekend with our home made baked cheesecakes and shakes. Or just want something to finish your meal – our cream soda float is a no brainer.</span></div>
  • edited July 2013
    (3/3)<div><br></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">What else?</span><br><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Music! Our team is passionate about making great tasting food and serving it up in a great environment.</span></div>
  • And now I know posts have a maximum length - had never realised that before. And that posting twice within 60 secs will put a spam block on one's account...
  • Thanks @vetski! So it sounds like an updated version of Ed's Easy Diner - different food, but shakes, cakes and lively atmosphere (but probably not lively enough for Chang!)
  • I've 'liked' the Fb page, so I'll share any updates on here.<br>
  • Ed's needs no updating! Though my arteries generally do after a visit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • God, I hate cupcakes. I have yet to find pulled pork in this country that can hold a candle to the stuff I had in Tenessee a couple of years ago. I think it's the quality of the meat rather than the cooking though.
  • O P. P. p. ppppp. P. p
  • If we have to have anything to be the new something, I'm glad that the usurper is sweet tasty pork mmmmm<br><br><br><br><br>
  • The pulled pork at Pitt Cue in town is fantastic. Easily as good as any BBQ food I've ever had in the US. The shutter was up as I passed Rub this morning. It looks close to being ready to open. I'm inordinately excited about this.
  • I emailed the contact address on Facebook to ask when they were going to open.<div><br></div><div>Provided there are no last-minute hitches, they'll be in business the middle of next week.</div>
  • eExpectations are high.<div><br></div><div>What has stroud green road become, that people think it's a good idea to open stuff like this? On our road.</div>
  • edited July 2013
    It'll be like the Vietnamese, there'll just be teasing, a last-minute hitch and then its replacement with an all-you-can-eat buffet fried chicken pancake restaurant (and some speed bumps).<br>
  • Please please please let it be good.
  • ^ agreed! May actually have another reason to invite friends up this way.  Please let the pulled pork be good.<br><br>When was a Vietnamese proposed?<br>
  • Osteria Tufo is more exciting!