Parkland Walk attack

edited July 2013 in Local discussion
Hearing that a woman was assaulted about 3am on PW; don't know any details, but victim is helping police & forensic team is in the area.

Comments

• The helicopter  was on the go for ages at about 11pm last night
  • That was to do with public order offences & helping with the dispersal of a large gathering of 'youths' on the Andover Estate, according to their Twitter feed. (@MPSinthesky - you don't need a Twitter account to be able to read it.)<br>
  • edited July 2013
    Awful! Hope she's all right. That begs the question: why would you go alone on PW at 3am? I mean it's a shame you can't feel safe there at 3am, but I've always been told to not go through lonely streets or parks at night. Particularly not in the summer. <br>
  • I was running on PW this morning but turned back by the police line - it was up between the two old raised railway platforms. I wouldn't risk the park or PW after dark - not worth it, sad as that is.
  • She may not have gone there alone. Met someone who offered her a spliff or a drink after closing time who then turned on her. Or called his mates. People can be naive.
  • Every time I hear that something like this has happened I wonder why too. I'm feel strongly that ladies should be able to go wherever they like at any time of night or day but until people (and I haven't said men) can learn to stop viewing unaccompanied women as a target, common sense must prevail.
  • She may not have gone willingly either.<br>
  • Yes, it's disturbing that this can happen in the middle of a normal community, behind houses with families sleeping etc. perhaps just a drunken snog that went wrong rather than a premeditated slasher attack, but very alarming anyways . Lets hope the old bill get the attacker . Chang
  • Just read something in H&H about allegation being withdrawn.
  • Domestic dispute? Don't understand those either. <br>