Road closures in Corbyn St/ Thorpedale Rd - does everyone else know about this ...?

1235»

Comments

• So the Council win. The effect the measures on Tollington Park will have on the surrounding streets will ensure that within 12 months the Council are carrying out the other measures too.
  • edited October 2013
    @AMC You seem to believe that you are entitled to less traffic on your road at the expense of other people who will get more on their roads. <br><br>But can I point out a couple of things that have emerged from people's comments this thread:<br><br>Thorpedale and Corbyn are generally observed to be quiet roads - not the rat runs they were made out to be.<br><br>Much of the traffic along them will come from people who live on the roads' cars. A cursory glance at the number of cars parked on the roads shows quite how many residents have them.<br><br>Closing one end of the roads off would increase the overall traffic travel time and distance- residents will have to driver further to get in and out.<br><br>Closing the ends of Thorpedale and Corbyn would have pushed more traffic onto neighbouring roads - all of which are also residential.<br><br>The Council has point blank refused all requests to divulge evidence it claims shows these seemingly quiet roads are busy, making it impossible to check or benchmark the stats you quoted - the general comment on which seems to be that they look wrong.<br><br>Astonishingly despite a clearly flawed and biased consultation common sense has won out on the Thorpedale and Corbyn question. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the half-baked plans drawn up that will make Tollington Park more congested and dangerous.<br><br><br><br>
  • Papa L, is there any chance you could e-mail or call me? Would love to quote you in a news story I'm writing.<div><br></div><div>tomeppayne@gmail.com<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>07896532005</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks!</div>
  • @AMC not an entirely gracious response to the fact that many residents disagreed with the proposal you supported, is it? the faux acknowledgment notwithstanding ... All the arguments have been worked through over and over again on this site, and in the end I think you might recognise that there are points to be made on both sides.