Roadworks/ Waterworks - Stroud Green Road & Upper Tollington Park...

edited August 2013 in Local discussion
Does anyone know how long these are going to be there? The 4-way traffic lights are causing havoc with local traffic. There never seems to be anyone doing any work there either

Comments

• I've not seen anyone doing any work there either.
  • November. Thames water Chang
  • November? Seriously?
  • There were people there today.  But it's still taking a long time.  I hope TfL is reaming them for rental of the lane. 
  • You can probably blame me for them :)<div><br></div><div>They're to do with fixing the problem with water not draining away properly from the road at the junction after it's been raining - hence the huge pools of water blocking the pedestrian crossing. It's been nearly a year since I first reported this (others might have too, of course) - and it's been quite a saga working through all the different organisations involved, the erroneous claims that the problem had been fixed etc.</div><div><br></div><div>What I think they're doing now is upping the capacity of the junction between the various drains from the surface and the main pipe that takes the water away.</div><div><br></div><div>There's usually someone in a JCB starting work on the site around 8am when I go past in the mornings at the moment.</div>
  • A related point - the huge pools of water on the pavement outside c.99 Stroud Green Road after rain due to the drain in the pavement that doesn't work properly. Have been chasing that too, so get ready to curse me for the pavement being due up in the next few weeks...
  • Preparing hexes as I type. I guess they'll be back at the corner soon, there's been a slow water leak there since the day after they finished!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2013
    @Vetski I think some passing people may have wondered why when I saw that slow leak during the week I started laughing! It's due to be looked at again very soon, sigh.
  • And the digging has started again, hooray!<br><br>Whether it's the last digging we see...
  • It won't be. I spoke to them - same lads that fished out those dead cats from Lorne Road drain. What a job - hope they are decent paid! They said they often do I a site THRee times. Just shows. Chang
  • Good thing then this is the third time the site has been dug up since saga started :)
  • Right. Drainage fixed. Leaking water main fixed. Abandoned signs sorted. Can we just bubble wrap this junction and leave it safely protected for a while...?