Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's a surprisingly long way. The sorting office is right at the back of the industrial park. I cycled over via Tufnell Park Rd.
  • edited December 2017
  • It is, but I cycled all round and couldn't find the way in from the park, there's a big fence all round. Whereabouts did you get in from the park?
  • edited December 2017
  • As someone who rides every day from SG to Tufnell Park, there isn't a way to get into the park from Station Road (where there used to be a platform for the Crouch Hill/Gospel Oak train).  There's fencing up at the moment in the playing fields so not sure you can get through, but you can usually go:<div>   Hanley Road</div><div>   Marlborough Road (zigzagging into Whittington Park via Kiver Road and Davenant Roads)</div><div>   bike path through the park</div><div>   right turn out of the park right into Yerbury Road leading into Foxham Road</div><div>   when it's open there is a gate at the Tufnell Park Playing Fields at the end of Foxham Road</div><div>   straight through along the pathway to the back of the fields to another gate</div><div>   right up a short walkway to Huddleston Road, right again and over a barrier into Station Road</div><div><br></div>
  • Yup, Wisteria's way is the only way. Madness really. You have to massively go back on yourself to get there. It puts me off ever ordering any parcels as there is such a trek to go and get them. I prefer this cycle to the Green Lanes one though.
  • The train would have been a more convenient way to get there. The Barking-Gospel Oak Users Group and TfL have had reinstatement of the "Junction Road for Tufnell Park" station on the wish list for years. There was some hope it would get approved as a Northern Line connection for the Olympics but alas was not funded.
  • edited December 2013
    Does anyone know how to phone up the Royal Mail sorting office in N19?  I've tried Googling for a number but naturally, they make it very difficult and I can't find anything.<br><br>I've been advised to call them up by Action Fraud, to check in case someone has set up a packet redirection from my address.   My name and address have (not for the first time) been hacked by identity thieves, this time they have opened a Tesco Mobile account and bought two phones.     I suspect the Royal Mail sorting office at N19 is a nest of thieves and the operation is being organised from there, someone is intercepting the goods.   But how am I supposed to check this out?<br><br>Police unlikely to help, as it's a crime against Tesco, and Tesco won't report it.<br><br>Bleh, first world problems.<br>
  • I don't really understand what this moves were all about as my N19 sorting office is still on Hornsey Road...  Why are people having to trek over to beyond Tufnell Park when the one on Hornsey Road is still open.<br>
  • I cycled Tollington Way into Holloway Rd., next, sort of across into Tavistock Rd. And from then on I don't know how to describe the way. I'd know if I'd be there again. Been twice to pick up parcels and got lost twice. There's a little Park, as wisteria describes that brings you right to Station Rd. <br><br>Good luck, Joe. <br><br>PS: don't you wish you had a bike now? :-)<br><br>NorthNineteen: perhaps because it says on the card that there's where your parcel is stored to collect?<br>
  • So for people in N4/N8 do you always have to go to Station Rd to pick up your parcels?<br>
  • My friend lives next to Tufnell Park station and her post gets sent all the way to Camden, its a real mission for her. I normally give her my post office card and she brings it into work for me as its round the corner from her
  • I'm in Tollington Park (N4) and have to go to Station Rd. <br>
  • We have to go to Station Road. It's a mission. We go Hanley Road, Marlborough Road, weave round to Whittington Park, all the way out the other end, down Foxham Road, through the park / playing fields there then double all the way back on yourself through the industrial estate to get to the sorting office.<br><br>Absolute madness to make people do this.<br><br>There is no direct public transport to get there, it takes ages to walk, it is all right on a bike but still further than you think. Last time I did it I drove. I wonder how many uneccessary car journeys this has triggered.<br><br>
  • @krappyrubsnif, surely a crime against you too, given that your identity has been stolen?
  • All N4 and quite a lot of N8 post is sorted and delivered from Station Road. All packages are also delivered from there and if no-one is in, taken back there to be looked after securely until you go and collect. I've spent time with the back office staff there and they are really good people. In fact everyone I've worked with from Royal Mail are incredibly professional, honest and down to earth. Unlike getting stuff delivered by the likes of Hermes or Yodel, it's properly looked after and never left in your bin, chucked over your wall or left overnight in someones car. Practically speaking they try and site delivery offfices close to the postcodes, but ultimately the size of site determines where they can do it from.<br>@krappyrubsnif I'd go down to the N19 office with proof of residence and have the conversation with them in person. They'll need to know it's really you before they can frankly do anything<br>
  • edited December 2013
    I've had a long chat with a very helpful man from the Royal Mail fraud department.   They are making checks.    He pointed out that the fraud might be run by someone in the Tesco mailout department, or within DHL, which carries the phones from Tesco to the Mail sorting office.  So @helen the Royal Mail might indeed not be at fault.<br><br>If anyone else in N4 has noticed missing mail or suspects fraud, call 08456 740740 and report it.  They will start a proper investigation if they get a lot of complaints from the same area.<br><br>@vetski - yes, it's true.<br>
  • So does anyone else on here collect their mail from the N19 delivery office on Hornsey Road?<br>
  • I had initially thought that was going to be the case but it's taking all of Crouch End's post now too.<br>
  • @ NorthNineteen<div><br></div><div>I collect the mail from Hornsey Road as I live in N19  (it covers N6 and N19).</div><div>It will not shut down as far as I know.</div><div>DId not know that it takes the Crouch End Post (I thought this was handled at Station Road in Wood Green?)</div><div>Personally I really like the staff there and never had any issues at all.</div><div>Sometimes my international  Parcel Force stuff goes to the Post Office on Junction Road...</div>
  • I only overheard a lady saying that she used to collect from the Crouch End delivery office (Tottenham La) but was now using Hornsey Road.<br><br>I like the Hornsey Rd one too especially as I'm so close I can pick up on weekday mornings rather than braving the crowds on Saturday with sprial queue and all.<br>
  • @ NorthNineteen<div><br></div><div>Same here.</div><div>I am glad they did not close it down and I hope it stays like this.</div>
  • I must say I like the Station Rd. office. Nice guys, and on both occasions, I was the only customer. Last time was yesterday. Mind, I don't know how it would be on Saturdays.<br>
  • I live in Corbyn St, and the Hornsey Rd sorting office is at the bottom of the road. But I still have to hack over to Tufnell Park for parcels. It would be I reckon the best part of an hour to walk there and back, and there are really no rational public transport routes - so yes, it's more of those unnecessary car trips. Not the fault of anyone in any of the sorting offices, but I pass the Hornsey Rd office with embittered glares. And Sutent's friend in Tufnell Park gets sent to Camden? There is something bonkers about all this.
  • I could imagine that they don't 'care' so much as most people probably use the 're-deliver' option. Problem with that is that you can't sent it elsewhere. It's your neighbour, yourself of the local post office for 50p. <br>
  • No queues there this morning