The Busker outside Tesco

edited September 2013 in Local discussion
Am I the only one who thinks he's really good?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like him. I think he is quite good. 
  • He lives on Charteris Rd now. I think his singing is just dull. Not great, not awful, just boring. Hate his music choices though.
  • I've seen him coming in and out of a flat next to Ole Pera several times, I'd assumed it was there he lives. He certainly gets a lot of practice...
  • I think people are making all sorts of assumptions about him.  I've seen him walking up the road towards Lorne road (cue chang) on many occassions after finishing his shift outside Tesco.  He could be crashing with friends, living in a subsidised luxury flat... Does anyone have real facts? <div><br></div><div>And I'm no bleeding heart when it comes to buskers, beggars...I don't give out money.  A bit cold, but fair play to him unless he is aggressive towards others, which if he is he should be turned over to the relevant authorities. <div><br></div></div>
  • edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No assumptions from me. He lives on Charteris Rd.
  • I don't care if he lives in a house, flat, skip..I don't ever give him money. If I lived directly opposite him I might complain about the noise.  <div><br></div><div>There are people who brought this country down who are living in luxury as we speak but sometimes all people care about is...................</div>
  • Would those people be the people that provided the money, those that wanted the money, or those that enabled the money to be spent?
  • edited September 2013
    I'd say those that profited from it and now still live in luxury. 
  • N19, you make a good point, I think credit greed was as bad as those that profited from giving easy credit.  I think the whole culture of easy credit and greedy banking stinks.  Don't just blame the saddos that were duped into taking out easy mortgages...Do you work in non-high street banking by any chance?
  • Ha, no I don't but I wouldn't mind the luxury.  I just feel it's a bit too easy just to blame the "bankers" though, I feel the finance industry has done far more good for London than bad.  I'm sure I'm in the minority with that view though...<div><br></div><div>I do however work in another industry much complained by and hated amongst Londoners....</div>
  • @ N19.  I know what you mean but it might be time to reign in the bankers. I'm not too sure the bankers were great for people who aren't too dynamic.  Should everyone be dynamic? In the past people were happy to just do a job.  
  • @N19 ...hated by londoners. Traffic warden? The person who decides what road to dig up? You invented Belgium?
  • I live opposite, it was a bit of a pain over the summer as I wanted to have the windows open and he's pretty loud so drowns out the TV. He sings the same song over and over each evening then changes it every few days. When you hear In The Air Tonight for the 20th time its time to just shut the windows. <div><br></div><div>Apart from that he doesn't really cause any harm, don't think he is homeless as he has a guitar and a mobile phone. I'm just pragmatic about it, it could be a lot worse (like the people who used to sleep outside tesco and use my yard as a toilet) and living where I do I expect it to be noisy.</div>
  • Quite enjoy Satisfaction, he had the lyrics written down for that! Right now he's singing Hallelujah but only seems to know the one word.
  • Hopefully that word is ‘Hallelujah’ or he’s in real trouble.
  • When he does expand his repertoire, it's just a few new lines to the same sort-of-tune, because he can clearly only play the one. And I've concluded that his version of 'Imagine' is even worse than the original, which is impressive given the original is the second-worst song ever recorded.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm not mad about any of John Lennon's post Beatles stuff, he's massively overrated. What's the worst song ever recorded?
  • Ohh aka do aka day by Gilbert o Sullivan just used in The new lottery advert
  • Imagine the second worst song ever? It's not even the second worst John Lennon song.
  • I've always had a special loathing for 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'.
  • We need to give him a set list each pick 2 songs and make him learn them, if I have to be subjected to his noise then it can be noise I like. So... I am the resurrection - The Stone Roses. mmm mm mmm mm - The Crash Test Dummies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Even when he does a song I like (first thing I ever heard him play was 'The Highwayman'), I don't like his version.<div><br></div><div>And the worst song ever recorded is clearly that parade of tautologous schmaltz, 'All You Need Is Love'.</div>
  • Ah, there you're wrong. It's ' Blowing in the Wind'
  • Mirandola, an unbridgeable gulf just opened between us.
  • The Marlene Dietrich version is very good.
  • Arkady, ah but you see Blowin' in the blasted wind is all the worse because Dylan is otherwise so great.