How safe is the Parkland Walk?

2»

Comments

• Err, you just don't hit anyone. Just saying. <br>
  • Thanks Detritus.<div><br></div><div>They've got a bit bigger since you did the 'being a doggie on all fours' in my kitchen that time, but not by much.</div>
  • I will add that people should control their dogs.  I remember one instance where a fighting dog started on me whilst on a walk.  I'm lucky that I'm not afraid of dogs and just stood still. The owner didn't even apologise and just walked on with the dog.  <div><br></div><div>And Dorothy this is not about you, it's about the way dog owners think it's okay their dogs can just come up to you and they don't reign them in.  I don't mind but  sometimes it's odd when a dog just sniffs you.</div>
  • edited October 2013
    @Detritus did WHAT in your kitchen, @dorothy? *furiously tries not to think of George Galloway on CBB...too late...*
  • Just playing a game with the dogs. That is all.
  • Detritus is a bit of a dog whisperer, quite good actually. I mean that seriously.
  • So, the bench on Parkland Walk, between Albert Road and Tollington Park, next to that big concrete block? Sat there to take a call on my mobile yesterday and bloody Hell but there are a lot of discarded condom wrappers in the vicinity. Even if you were in the mood for some al fresco misbehaviour, I wouldn't have thought that were the best spot for it, right where the path's at its narrowest.
  • Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts on this - much appreciated! And obviously, sorry to hear of any accounts of violence involving cyclists vs pedestrians vs pets, whether on the Parkland Walk or anywhere, frankly.