Money Money Money

edited March 2007 in Local discussion
Am I the only person to be excited by the unveiling of a free, yes FREE, cashpoint outside Tesco? The cashpoint desert f.k.a. Stroud Green Road is going to have a proper cashpoint that doesn't charge you £1.99 for the privelege of accessing your own money. Woo!

Comments

• edited 3:39PM
    Free cashpoint? Heaven!
    aaaah. result. been a long time coming!!
    I dunno. I remember when it was all fields round here. None of this internets and cashpoints nonsense. There used to be a horse that would drag a cart of money from the Bank of England to Alexandra Palace once every second waxing moon and if you didn't get your cash then, then you had to starve for six full eventides. During the war, they kept a bundle of Reichsmarks under the horse's saddle. Just in case. You kids don't know your born.
    I agree Busby, .... oh.
    aw, that was going to be my big news two days ago! One of the advantages of being "out of school/freelance". On the interweb, you snooze, you lose!
    I may be mistaken but are you the Lucy who refuses to shop at evil Tesco? Are you principled enough not to take out your money from Tesco's either?..thought...
  • edited March 2007
    They're not that principled Four Eyes, they shy from shopping at Tesco's merely to drive to Green Lane Sainsbury's instead, probably making up the carbon difference between the two supermarkets. Let's lobby for a Co-Op, _with a cash machine_.
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:39PM
    Four Eyes, it's me that refuses to shop at Tesco. The cash machine might be a bit of a challenge to my ethical principles but I'll probably cope OK. I gave up Pret about 4 years ago because of the McDs connection and I literally have to walk past one every lunchtime because it's the closest sarnie place to my work, so I'm developing quite good resistance skills...
    Posted about this about 2 hours ago but then my computer crashed! Libellous stuff young David. I visit Tesco's and Woodys! In fact, prefer Tescos because of a couple of dodgy woodys incidents. Sainsburys is best though - I've always found the co-op a bit lacking in choice, personally.
    Ah, I thought you went to Sainsbury's due to a Tesco's ethics issue, not a choice of range issue. Hardly libellous accusing you of driving to Sainsbury's when you do, young Lucy. Abstaining from Pret seems a bit wierd to me. Aren't most things owned indirectly by big evil corporations?
  • LizLiz
    It's more of a specific anti McDs thing rather than an anti big evil corp thing - specifically because they lied for years about the veggie food being veggie when it wasn't. My ethical boycotting is quite specific....
    I've heard the French do that all the time, Liz.
  • LizLiz
    The French don't usually lie about it though. They just don't think bacon is meat.
    So is a celebrity coming along to open the new improved Tescos today then? I pressed my little face to the glass yesterday and noticed that there's now a Krispy Kreme stand. Burp.
    **there's now a Krispy Kreme stand** I'm doomed. There goes the cholesterol....
    Nestle own the internet, so we're all going to hell.