Needed recommendation: builder who can sort damp

edited November 2013 in Local discussion
Any ideas? We have really bad damp in a bedroom.  One builder already been out and can't find the problem.  Need someone quite quickly as it is getting worse every time it rains.

Comments

• I had same problem last year. It was due to leaking gutter. Have you got de humidifier good at drying out walls. Am happy to lend you mine. Pm me if so
  • That's really kind of you. Going to sound like a Luddite but not sure how to pm.  Do I just click on your  name?
  • Hey, you need to click on his name, then to the left it says, send (insert name) a message. He's sent you something on your profile, but it's not private. And don't worry about feeling like and idiot, this board is not as easily to navigate, bar the forum. :-)<br>
  • Thanks Stella. I thought I was sending a PM
  • Philippa Jones is a local builder who has done some good work for us; she is also a surveyor so should be able to help with that. <br>
  • No worries, you two. I remember struggling with a message I never received, but it was on my profile and I had no idea how to access it. lol Epic fail.<br><br>Hope you can sort out your damp, Siolae. I have a problem, too. First it started with black mold at the ceiling in my bathroom, then the wall paper came down, and today I witnessed water coming through from above. Same happened to my downstairs neighbours. This fucking building is like a Swiss cheese.<br>