New Year

edited January 2014 in Local discussion
I'd like to wish you a lovely New Year.  Despite a sometimes frictional discourse on here, I think it's an amazing site.  Thanks to Andy and others for making it so. 

Comments

• Fifthed. Happy New Year to all!
  • Indeed. Happy New Year to you all. Did anyone do anything jazzy and marvellous? We stayed local and went to a lovely friend's house. Splendid time had by all.
  • edited January 2014
    Went out to a pub for the first time in years (on New Years)  and it was good but busy.  Home parties are best.  Still had good times.  I'm too old for waiting five minutes to be served.  
  • edited January 2014
    Had a quiet time last night and went for a meal at Côte in Highgate at lunchtime today,  with my family (11 of us) some of them visiting from abroad.  Shame weather was crappy, otherwise I would have loved a walk in Highgate Cemetery or Waterlow Park. The meal was nice, though.
  • edited January 2014
    @ TheMimsy.  That sounds lovely.  After all I think it's new year that's important.  I had a good time and got a tube back from Highbury at 2am.  One stop but it was packed and drunken.  Still it was lovely to share New Years eve/morn with some friends.<div><br></div>
  • Happy new year all :)<div><br></div><div>I had a quiet time in with the dogs , the hubby went to the river to watch our boats, been a spate of break ins over the holidays on the Lee, we had our NY celebrations this afternoon instead.</div><div><br></div><div>The firework display seemed quite spectacular this yr, could see some of it from the bedroom window, pity the weather was so bad for those that went.</div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.