Who's in your garden this weekend ?

edited January 2014 in Local discussion
<font face="Arial, Verdana">Just a heads up on the Big Garden Bird watch this weekend. Don't need a garden to take part, a window will do!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana">https://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/</font></div><div><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></div>

Comments

• We do this. We get woodpeckers, jays, goldfinches as well as all the usual blue tits, robins, magpies etc. It's a challenge to pick the right hour for the best twitching!
  • There have been a lot more birds about recently. Good thing.
  • edited January 2014
    There seems to be a good variety in SG.<div><br></div><div>Hope we get good weather for it</div><div><br></div><div> A large fir came down in the recent storms, in one of the neighboring gardens taking out a few other trees. It seems to have confused the local birds here a bit, not seeing quite so many., Though am still hearing an owl some nights.</div>
  • Early is generally best - most birds are at their most active first thing.<br>
  • This thread has made me notice that ever since one of our neighbours took down a large tree in their back garden a few weeks ago I cannot remember the last time I saw a bird in our back garden :(<div><br></div><div>I'll fill up the feeders this weekend and keep my fingers crossed.</div>
  • So I sit in my cubby hole looking at all the birds keeping a account of what I see and there is a suspicious lack of feathered friends in the garden until I realised there is a cat stalking everything that lands. She has decided that today is the best day to catch a bird.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tried to get up early this morning, but by the time i had fed the tribe , the feathered friends  have gone into hiding, and seem to be laughing at me, I can hear plenty cant see any.<div><br></div><div> Think it may be best to try getting up earlier tomorrow.</div><div><br></div><div>Hiding in a cubby hole seems a good idea - the cat !</div>