Things that make me feel I am living in a dump...(and what do do about it)

edited February 2014 in Local discussion
1. Piles of plastic items and ugly stuff on sale across the pavement outside of the post office. (Ring Islington council, get Cllrs off their arses) 2. Litter in the garden area outside Charter Court ( pick it up, ask local shops to have a daily pick, get council to to signs and bins up) 3. Dog shit on little lawn off Dullas Road. (Take baseball bat to heads of dog owners. Get Cll to actually send out a warden at 7 in pm and am and fine the culprits) Lets's brush up SG this Spring. Chang

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So there is a thread about the Shoreditchification of SG & threads about plastic wares being sold outside shops...;-)
  • edited February 2014
    ditchification and plastic wares (certainly in the centre of the the Main Street) are equally undesirable IMHO If there are other bugbears - and solutions - let's have em. Chang
  • There is the law of good taste. And I've never seen anyone buying anything . Chang
  • edited February 2014
    I find the person outside the PO to be a total irritation with very bad attitude to the point have stopped using SG PO unless really have to.<div><br></div><div>When i go to the PO usually have several large ish boxes containing fragile things . Getting it  past that set up is sometimes not easy, and made thoroughly irritating and unpleasant  by the seller of the stuff  All over you like a rash if you stop for a split second ( even though have arms full of boxes and clearly just want into the PO ). Glares and grunts, if I stop to arrange packages outside , like I should not be there!</div><div><br></div><div>We are now resorted to glaring at each other on sight which i think is a bit rich considering I just want to use the PO, should not be made to feel like some kind of problem for merely just trying to get in the PO door !</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>. The PO really are going to have to sort it/him out as am sure cant be the only customer they are loosing through him.</div><div><br></div><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • I'm surprised by that last post. I've always found A**** (perhaps best not to name him. ) amiable and amusing, even though I very rarely buy anything. I suppose he IS rather a messy presence outside the PO, but I can't say that bothers me particularly. I am more struck by what a hard life he must lead, than by aesthetic considerations
  • Ok we know about this one. And it will probably never change. ;( Any other dump-type things that need sorting (with solutions please)? The smelly food shop near the worlds end after the wig shop always drives me and Jonty to the other side of the street but today it was packed, so what do I know ? On the positive side... The new deli is doing some lovely cakes and sarnies. My bro in law goes in there every day and loves it. He say it's Shocking that the Stapleton no longer opens at lunchtime so this is next best thing . Chang
  • Pissheads hanging around outside the bookies wouldn't be missed.
  • edited February 2014
    The executive team of John Jones International are def entitled to a flutter and a drop of ale on a wet Wednesday? Yeh apart from that, I agree. But as Jonty said last night, what can you do about men who drink a bit 2 much? Chang
  • You think you are living in a dump, spare a thought for the residents of Clapham Road. #Londonpoo
  • I love the wide variety of headgear that they have outside the postoffice. It looks as though flat caps are in fashion again as they have lots of them. I  know nothing about fashion
  • Admittedly i was tempted to almost have a rummage through the hats, not that i wear that kind, more to cut up and turn into elf jackets!