Stroud Green Lib Dem Ward Pledges

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
Stroud Green Ward Pledges<br><br>At the last local election, your local Lib Dem councillors made three ‘Ward Pledges’. These were three local projects that they wanted to see achieved if they were elected. These were:<div><br>1) To make sure the Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) was reviewed, and that streets outside the CPZ could join if there is residents support.<br>2) To fight for measures to slow down traffic on Upper Tollington Park and to make the pedestrian crossing safer.<br>3) To make sure the Stationers Park Play Fort was replaced with a better play area.<br><br></div><div>All three pledges were successfully delivered. Hornsey Vale joined the CPZ following a local consultation. Upper Tollington Park was narrowed at the junction with Florence Road, and the crossing improved. A frankly amazing Labyrinthesque new fort has been built at Stationers Park – my only regret is that I am too old to play on it myself without receiving concerned looks from parents.<br><br>So, with the new election coming up, it’s time for Richard Wilson, Katherine Reece and me (Ben Myring) to come up with three new pledges. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know right here!<br><br>We have yet to firmly decide on any pledges. One idea that is close to my heart, though, is a ‘new square’ for Stroud Green, opposite Vagabond at the junction of Upper Tollington and the Stroud Green Road. This is not a new idea, as Krapprubsnif knows. I think this is achievable and could have a really positive affect. It might mean pedestrianising the little slip road and repaving, and perhaps introducing some new greenery, artwork and street furniture. It could be a real boon top local shops. What do you think?<br></div>

Comments