Maison Verte

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
It's an under 3 stay and play in the Andover. New, surprisingly good, and still pretty quiet. Runs Wed mornings and Friday early afternoons. Thought some here might be interested.

Comments

• Just read your blog post about it, it sounds good indeed. Wish I'd known about it before being back at work!
  • I wish I knew how to make an app - there's a sore need for one which could tell you all the playgroups within a mile of your house.
  • I picked up a leaflet at the library before Christmas but never got round to going. Is it okay for babies (7mths) or should I wait until they are a little older?
  • More than fine - we started going when small person was around that age and there's a baby corner.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I'll definitely give it a go next week.</font><div><br><div><font color="#222222" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2">On the same subject I thought I should also spread the word about another excellent local resource.</font></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana;"><div style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);"><span style="background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);"><font color="#222222" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Every Monday 10-11:30am there is a new parents group at the Ambler Children's Centre on Blackstock Road between Arsenal and Finsbury Park Stations. The group is run by a support worker and a member from the health advice team. There are lots of toys and playmats etc so everyone has a great time on the floor and we have different topics for discussions led by the staff or visiting speakers e.g. Starting solids, teething, sleep issues (with visiting family psychologist), first aid. Generally it is also a great way to meet parents with babies 6wks - 9/10mths. Next door there is a stay and play for under 1s too ending at 12pm so you can also pop in there afterwards. </font></span><br></div></div></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This might be of use to those of you with little ones:</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.ollyolly.co.uk/</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A new website listing baby and toddler activities in London (or at least that's the plan eventually, only Islington and Hackney at the moment). You just put in your post code and the date you want information for.</font></div>
  • edited April 2014
    I am just going to highjack this thread, briefly, to ask all those parents/carers of little children & others, who know of these things & coming into Easter as we are, to suggest some thoughts & spill their knowledge on local(ish) activities, events, days out etc. All comments & suggestions very much appreciated. Thanks.<div><br></div>
  • edited April 2014
    @Perflexed Pickled Pepper Books in Crouch End regularly has bookish events for children of all ages. Mystical Fairies in Hampstead runs Fairy/Princess workshops in every school holiday - craft, games, kids disco etc. you book via their website. Very, very pink and girly, for under 8s. I used to work there and would recommend it highly, their entertainers do all the posh kids parties and are great. The V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green currently has a really excellent exhibition about Jacqueline Wilson's life and work. Again, more of a hit with girls. I'd say 7/8yrs - 12ish would love it.
  • edited April 2014
    @ Perflexed<div><br></div><div>There is a free  community event in  Landseer Gardens (N19, near Landseer pub) on Saturday 19 April 1 - 3 pm</div><div><br></div><div>Easter Bunny</div><div>Easter Egg Hunt</div><div>Easter Bonnet decoration</div><div>Egg and spoon races</div><div>Take a book, read a book</div>
  • Thanks for the suggestions, I shall add them to the ever expanding compilation. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="line-height: normal;"><a href="http://www.ollyolly.co.uk">OllyOlly</a> (<a href="http://www.ollyolly.co.uk">www.ollyolly.co.uk</a>) now cover activities in <a href="http://www.ollyolly.co.uk/london-boroughs-we-cover">Haringey </a>as well.  </span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><font size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">I started OllyOlly with my partner and loved that we came up on this forum. </span></font></font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">There are loads of activities in Children Centres and libraries (N4 library has a great Baby Bounce on Tuesdays with Obi who all the children adore) and plenty of child friendly cafes who have weekly sessions. </span></font></div>