Affordable housing schemes in Finsbury Park?

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
Hi all!<br><br>I'm very new here, so please bear with me if this has been discussed before...<br><br>I've lived in Finsbury Park for over 7 years. I would LOVE to buy a place of my own, but prices have rocketed. I've been on the usual property sites, and always marvelled at how little there is out there for a low-ish budget. There are lots of new builds popping up (City North, JJ, and the development at Station Place), but I never see them advertised.<br><br><strike>Then recently, I came across this:<br><a href="http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/janice-morley-home-buyers-are-losing-out-to-investors-abroad-8871429.html">http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/janice-morley-home-buyers-are-losing-out-to-investors-abroad-8871429.html</a><br><br>It seems City North flats were first touted in Singapore, leaving barely anything for N4 residents, and pushing the market value up too.</strike><br><br>EDIT: I see this has already been mentioned in an earlier thread - my bad!<br><br><br>To cut a long story short, are there any schemes/developments around for local residents, at an affordable price? (Actually affordable, as opposed to BoJo's idea of affordable)<br><br>Thanks<br><br><br>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You might want to keep an eye on the Manor House redevelopment.  An incredible amount of housing of all types is going in there in the coming years.
  • A friend of mine bought a flat last summer in one of the new blocks on Severn Sisters Road, opposite Finsbury Park (half-way between FP station and Manor House tube).  He bought it on a part-buy, part-rent shared ownership scheme, the landlords are a Housing Association.  He and his girlfriend had been looking for around 6-8 months and put their names on the lists of various Housing Associations, which is how they got their flat.  <br><br>Might be worth your while doing the same?<br>
  • There is a definite glut of affordable properties at the moment, this is partly because a lot of the schemes that are just completing were advertised over a year ago, any that have (or are about to start) are delaying their launch dates to maximise profits - prices are going up so quickly and finance are easier to come by that agencies are in affect building spectatively.<br>