Italian Farmers - new thread (Porchetta)

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
<p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I bought some of the Italian Farmers' Porchetta earlier for my lunch. Not cheap (worked out to about £3 for a thick slice, which is all you need), but utterly, wonderfully delicious and well worth it IMHO.</span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><br></span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">We had it with a jar of their roasted peppers, plus a bag of the local "Finsbury Park" community salad (it had flowers in it - brilliant) and a loaf of bread from the organic shop.</span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><br></span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I think both these shops have come a long way since they first opened and have been a great addition to the Fiveways end of the high street.</span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><br></span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Woodpecker</span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><br></span></p><p style="margin: 0px 0cm; font-size: medium; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">* this is not a plug for anyone; I just love good food</span></p>

Comments

• Good point and yes I agree the neighbourhood is improving. Pity the ladder is going from bad to worse but it could be the council over there. Chang
  • The weird thing is that if you buy the Porchetta loose, it costs a fortune, but if you buy it in a panini you seem to get more for less money. It almost makes sense to buy the panini and throw away the bread.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2014
    Highly recommended, good value and totally scrumptious. I have visited, traveled and eaten in Italy regularly in the past 7 years and this is the most authentic Italian 'aperitivo' I've seen outside Italy - oversized glass of vino and I counted 13 different bites. [Commercial break] If anyone is interested there are still quite a few available weeks this spring and summer in Casa Meridiana, home of Stroud Green Olive Oil. Primavera Italiana!
  • edited March 2014
    And by the way - no hard sell. (Edit: at Italian Farmers taster evenings, that is.)
  • K is correct the taster is excellent. No hard sell but it is difficult not to buy some of what you have just enjoyed