Great Gatsby Garb

edited April 2014 in Local discussion
Past three Saturdays in a row have seen a number of couples in N4 dressed up like extras in The Great Gatsby. What's it all aboot? Is this a thing?

Comments

• There is Secret Cinema on at Hornsey Town Hall - people were required to wear 1920s garb.  Hornsey Town Hall has been decorated in 1920s billboards and mannequins.
  • That's so cool! I really want to throw a party where everyone has to come dressed in clothes of that era, with Champagne pyramids and dancing Charleston on tables to music from a gramophone. I love gramophones, they're a thing of beauty.  <br>
  • Ooh Stella, that sounds great! Let us know when and we'll be round!
  • Yup. I'll definitely be there!
  • Will do. That may take a while, though, but I really, REALLY wanted to do that for years. I love all that stuff and was looking into gramophones anyway. And those cute dresses with large pearl chains, the dance ... just everything. Not the smokes, though.<br>
  • Islington WI had a lady in to teach them Charleston and other flapper dances. Wanted to join them but missed it, sounded brilliant. She teaches classes all over the place, I'll dig out her info, you might enjoy it Stella.
  • Is this the same as the people wandering around Crouch End in hats with feathers - often small, in the hat band? Not what I think of as 20s style but maybe I need to look more carefully. Or just ask them. I have been puzzled.
  • My friends went to that secret cinema and really quite liked it. They also dressed up. Really gorgeous. <br>
  • edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.