Garden plants n furniture recommendations

Hello lovely locals, I'm wondering if any of you can recommend where I can find cheap places to buy garden plants and furniture? I've just moved flats in the area and now have a rather smashing concrete garden which is all mine and rather dull at the mo. Thanks Sarah 

Comments

• Homebase at Green Lanes often have half dead plants that they sell off for cheap. They are usually very easy to revive, bit of water and away you go. Most of our beauteous garden has come from there over the last four years. People throw away a remarkable amount of stuff, our wooden garden bench, chairs and lovely cable reel table have all come from the street. If you are a practical type, there are always lots of pallets, planks and floorboards about the place that you can easily recycle into raised beds, planters and benches. There were loads on Fonthill Rd the other day. We made the raised beds for our allotments from discarded wood.
  • Visit little known community garden centre in Finsbury park near manor house gate, at side if green lanes. Cheaper than Honebase but less choice. Ally Pally Garden Centre is brilliant but pricey.
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2014
    In the mean time, until you get things established, don't forget the very satisfying option of growing some tomatoes, beans etc. Very inexpensive & very rewarding too, all you need is seeds, grow-bags, bamboo, time & attention. Very little tastes better than those things you have grown yourself.
  • Gosh, I miss my garden. :-( <div><br></div><div>Agree on the home grown stuff: the tomatoes taste wonderful. Fond memories of Gardener's delight cherry tomatoes. And lots of mustard and red frill, rocket, bean, peas, lettuce, etc. Nothing gives you more pleasure than cooking with ingredients you've just picked.</div><div><br></div><div>Well, when it comes to cooking, that is.</div>
  • What a great recommendation, I can't believe I've never come across this place. <div><br></div><div>Meanwhile - would anyone like bay leaves? I cut down three quarters of an overgrown bay tree last weekend, and my garden is a great pile of bay branches. I can use maybe two or three a month; it would take me several centuries to get through this lot, and I still have a tree. If anyone would like twigs, branches, whatever, let me know before they start to wither ...</div>
  • I've got a ton of them too. Just pruned the bay trees at work and we have a couple in the garden, they start to grow like mad about now.
  • They do. They flourish like a green bay tree, indeed. And they can't be made into pickle, or jam, or cordial, or wine, or even stuffed. Anyone need any victory wreaths?
  • They can be used to flavour vodka...<div><br></div>
  • Sly biblical reference, there. Conformable slips 'em in, the literary refs. She's a clever, but very modest, sausage. Her very nom de plume is dug up from the bard. I wish I could do things like that. Anyway, flourishing like a green bay tree is apparently what people who don't deserve to, do. A bit like UKIP, I would say. Whoops.
  • edited May 2014
    More about the wicked having no staying power, but it's an excellent reference (by both of you) none the less.