Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Opening Sundays at Railway Fields Nature Reserve: Call for Interest

edited June 2014 in Local discussion
<div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">Hello there,</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">I live opposite the fantastic Railway Fields Nature Reserve on Green Lanes and have speaking with the Friends of Railway Fields about opening the Nature Reserve on Sundays. It's such a beautiful local resource and it seems such a shame that is often closed at the week-ends. A survey carried out last year suggested that many residents feel the same way.</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">As capacity is already stretched for the team I have agreed to head up organising a team of volunteers, initially looking to open up on the last Sunday of each month this summer.</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">If you would like to be involved the minimum commitment would be for a brief half day training session with TCV and then to be available for 2/3 hours one Sunday over the summer, where you would obviously be able to enjoy the Nature Reserve at the same time! If interest is high we will obviously look to open up more frequently.</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">If you are interested to be involved please email me via  friendsofrailwayfields@gmail.com</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">All good wishes,</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">Sarah Thomas</div>