Friendliest cafe in Stroud Green?

What a shame that Dream River cafe has gone seriously downhill since Ali left. The new people are OK and trying but it's nowhere as good as it was. Grubby, not attentive to their customers, wrong orders. Now they have taken to playing radio babble in the background. Sigh. Any suggestions for next best option with comfy chairs?

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • Been here 20 minutes now and nobody has come to ask what I want or even bothered to clean the table.  *Yawn*    No wonder it's empty.
  • I don't go there any more. The radio babble in the kitchen is intolerable. And the price of a cappuccino leapt up soon after they arrived, though not matched by a commensurate leap in quality. Ali and co greatly missed.
  • I quite like Vagabond for its friendly nature.  No fake smiles, but good coffee with a nice attitude.  And the music is generally good there.  Great view of SGR too.
  • Agreed, Kreuzkav, although no music at all would be even better. (Get him off! Repetitous old git.) Glad to hear your favourite tipples are still peppermint tea and...  flat white? Bit trendy, perhaps, but jolly nice, as put together by Tommy and co.
  • i used to be a regular at dream river, when run by the lovely ali and friends. the new owners had a hard act to follow, but really could be quite rude, and yes the price hike did it for me. now hanging out at boulangerie where the staff are lovely and the coffee very good, but they could REALLY do with comfy chairs and seriously need to sort out their very poor wi-fi.<br>