Does anybody know what's going on at The Noble?

Builders are in.<div>Seems to have changed hands yet again.</div>

Comments

• I just asked the same thing. Wondering what happened with the planning applications to turn it into flats too.
  • It's being spruced up and enlarged.    Knocked out the toilets and kitchen, extending a bit to the rear and putting a new, slightly bigger kitchen.  Will reopen.
  • <P>It hasn't changed hands.</P> <P>It's pretty much as Krappy says.  </P> <P>The main driver for the works is a new separate entrance to the two flats above, which are to be sold off.  The fireplace has been ripped-out to allow a corridor to run along that wall from the Sparsholt Road side to the existing staircase.  There will be three gender-free loos, one of which will be wheelchair accessible.  No change to the front entrance though!</P>
  • I spent many a happy hour in front of that fireplace.
  • The signs outside talk about also the space above being converted into flats so I guess that planning application got the go ahead (along with, as <a href="http://stroudgreen.org/profile/180/krappyrubsnif" class="Username" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-decoration: none; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background: 0px 0px rgb(245, 245, 245);">krappyrubsnif</a> says, the ground floor being spruced up).
  • Looks like the planning application was refused by Islington but allowed on appeal: http://www.pcs.planningportal.gov.uk/pcsportal/fscdav/READONLY?OBJ=COO.2036.300.12.5517495&NAME=/DECISION.pdf They seem to have permission to change the use of the ground floor from "drinking establishment" to "retail", although they may not be using that permission judging by what others have heard.
  • Halfway through the refurb and it's not looking great. Cheap materials, design a bit naff. The old noble was fine. Just expensive and food never consistent.
  • The orignal design that is being ripped out was put in by Weathespoons years ago when it was calle Marlers Bar.<br>
  • According to the man at the very nice pizzeria opposite it is going to be "more of a bistro" when it reopens. (He was confident they wouldn't compete with his pizzas however!)
  • Noble opens tonight apparently! <div>They have put in a huge new industrial fan in the kitchen, stupidly facing the gardens of Sparsholt Rd. So now it is like sitting next to a swimming pool instead of the beautiful nature reserve of the railway.<div>I can't understand how businesses are allowed to do this in residential areas and ruin peoples peace and quiet. </div><div>It will be interesting to see if the owner actually cares about the impact this will have on residences lives and if they take action to rectify it!</div></div>
  • Yeah people have mentioned similar things before, Zen. The Tesco on Holloway Road, for example.
  • Apparently there was a free tasting for locals last night. That does seem a bit much with the fan, though.
  • Good picture of riot torn  Crouch Hill in today's Observer  on page 43 of the review in the books section.<div><br></div><div>taken just down the raod from the Nobel</div>
  • Noble. It's not a prize (yes, I know it's pedantic).
  • Walked past the Noble earlier. Some of Nobel's dynamite would do it a world of good; it looks utterly soulless, like it was striving for urban glamour but instead ended up as the bar in a third-rate airport.
  • I guess you can't please everyone....walked in last  night and walked straight out. Hate the new interior. I loved the old style, the warmth and the shabbiness It's now very modern, overly trendy and the space seems tiny, very cramped, very close. real shame as it had so much charm before, but I wish you well. . 
  • It wasn't as bad as I expected from above. It was quite busy last Saturday, had real beer but the menu was fish and chips burgers etc
  • Went in tonight for a couple, had lovely London Fields Ale on tap, the hot dogs were very very good. The decor left me cold, some strange colour schemes and mix of woods that didn't fit together, shame as the old shabby look suited.