Stroud Green planning

Hello - I'm new to the website as am in the process of moving to Stroud Green and wanted to tap into the local planning expertise. We're looking to do a side return and wanted to find approved planning applications of similar work, around the Victoria Road/Florence Road area. Any suggestions would be welcome. (I'm having a difficult time zeroing in on the right thing on Harringey's planning web site.)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    <div>Welcome!<br>I’d start by having a scroll through this thread: http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/3664/stroud-green-planning-applications<br>To get it past the CAAC (and in theory past the Council) it shouldn’t go right to the boundary, it should be made from the same stock of brick as the rest of the house (if using brick), it should avoid PVC windows/doors. If it’s on one of those streets I’m guessing it won’t be visible from the street?<br>Feel free to drop me a Private Message if you prefer.<br></div>
  • Thanks so much! I'll take a read through the thread and may message you after - appreciate the offer.<div><br></div>
  • Drop me a line and I can go through my experience - I did exactly that (side return). I had to jump thru hoops, as above - yet my neighbours built a flat roofed, plastic windowed, white (literally painted white) elephant and that was just fine by the planners.... i have my theories, but id teetering on libel.....