That water leak at the junction of Stroud Green Road and Tollington Park

I was rather amused by the explanation I finally got from Thames Water about why they seem to be taking so long to repair it. They think there's a mystery extra pipe in the area that isn't on their systems, or a ghost, as every time they try turning off the water in the damaged pipe section is just keeps on flowing. Now in the middle of a desert a mystery ever-lasting water supply would be darn handy, but in Stroud Green Road...

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • Maybe one of London's lost rivers has been having a subterranean wander.
  • Is it possible that it's one of the drainage pipes put in when they built the railway track?
  • @Arkady You may think that's more likely than a ghost, but I'm sticking with the ghost story.<div><br></div><div>After all, it's only a few hundred meters away from the last set of mystery leaks on Stroud Green Road that took months for Thames Water to track down and not far from the Hornsey Rise leak that is still going although they've found a locked door they can't open which has a rushing water sound behind it.</div><div><br></div><div>Coincidence? I think not. Three data points = conclusive evidence for a ghost :)</div>
  • OK, you've convinced me.  The locked door with rushing water behind it sounds... scary.
  • anyone read Rivers of London? Eerie resonances ... and little splashes and droplets.
  • Absolutely love Rivers of London, thanks to Detritus who have gave me a copy on Free Book Day. Looking forward to the next book later in the year, not least because it seems to be set in my home county.
  • All four of the books are good, I'm looking forward to the next one.
  • Almost as exciting as the World of Ice and Fire release.
  • Couldn't get into them at all, odd really as it should be right up my street.
  • Why not seal up the leak as that would stop the water. If it is not TW water whose  ever it  is would appear as they  would have no water.<br><br>Think about it it must be their  water  a test can confirm this as it will have been treated<br>
  • This was caused by contractors digging up the road one weekend 6 weeks ago. But then again, Stroud Green Road is dug up every weekend.. Including this.
  • The first two of the Peter Grant novels are hampered by glaringly obvious resolutions which escape our heroes for hundreds of pages, but that has got better since, and I love the worldbuilding & characters. Also of possible interest here: Christopher Fowler's The Water Room.
  • And ... it's gone. Woo!<div><br></div><div>Now there's just the Hornsey Rise one to go...</div><div><div> </div></div>