New Gym opening in Finsbury Park, cheap cheap cheap

There's going to be a new Pure Gym opening up on Isledon road, this November they say. Anyway there is a "pre-opening" offer going for only £12.99 per month. This is pretty good for a gym in London, I'm signed up. (there's also a £15 joining fee).<div><br></div><div>Details are here if anyone is interested.</div><div><br></div><div>http://www.puregym.com/gyms/london-finsbury-park-0</div>;

Comments

• Thanks NF, looks good!
  • I e-mailed Pure Gym to ask when they're opening. They said they don't have an opening date, but they're hoping for mid-December.<br><br>£12.99 per month is a bargain. I used to go to the Holloway Rd one. Surprisingly decent for the price. No pool or anything, but I never had to queue for a treadmill. <br>
  • That's because they have billions of treadmills and only one bench press! Sometimes that winds me up. Last I heard they were opening in mid November so obviously someone's pushed the deadline back a bit.
  • edited October 2014
    I never understand why you would pay to run on a treadmill when you can do it for free outside and its nicer in the fresh air.  insbury park run is great Saturday mornings. You get to run with 200 others fro nothing
  • Running on a treadmill is better for anyone with dodgy knees.
  • Unless you adapt your running style treadmill running can be just as damaging as running on concrete. The evidence shows that people tend to bounce off the treadmill to reduce resistance of the actual treadmill which is not good for your cartilage in the knees. 
  • edited October 2014
    Good thing I never run then ;)
  • @Sutent - I generally agree with you but now that it gets dark early and it's been really wet out I've slacked off on my running schedule. So I was thinking about joining a gym as to not to undo all the good I've been doing.<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • The other important thing to protect your knees is to have your gait assessed, so you can buy the correct type of running shoes. . Finsbury park run was amazing today as usual. We are very lucky to have the park. Happy 5th birthday today to Finsbury park park run and to all the wonderful volunteers who make it happen every Saturday.
  • edited October 2014
    I agree about the running, had a nice run up the parkland walk today. Trying toe striking running, seems to help with the knees and back. There's nothing better than a nice little deadlift though, and you can't get that anywhere else but the gym.
  • By the time I get back from work, it's always dark often wet. Neither the park nor Parkland Walk is an option. Gyms are boring and more than a little disgusting, but better than coming home and sitting on my arse all night.<br><br>The new gym will be open 24/7, which is great for those of us who have awkward schedules. <br>
  • Well it's open, and while it may be packed (not surprising given the time of year) it's actually decent and at 13 quid a month an absolute bargain!