Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Conveyancers

Dear all, <br><br>I'm trying to find a conveyancer, but the one's i've found are either incredibly expensive or patently paying reviewers to say they're utterly extraordinary (cos mumsnet/moneyavingexpert regulars scream don't touch w a bargepole!)<br><br>Has anyone used a local or indeed an online conveyancer that won't cos the earth in undisclosed fees that they are happy to recommend?<br><br>Ta muchly<br><br>Duffer<br>

Comments

• I'd avoid online <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">conveyancers</span>  like the plague. The cheap ones (used by lenders when they pay for it) are doing it in extreme bulk and on tiny margins.  Good customers service usually suffers.<div><br></div><div>If you're in any way time-pressured use a local solicitor: you can get documents to them on the same day.  With a remote firm, it's realistically a 3 -4 day turnaround on any request for documents by the time they've written to you and you send them.</div>
  • I used DP Cameron (in Crouch End) last time around.  They were fine.  Fixed price, documents scanned rather than hard copy, but no issues.